Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ride Hard, Ride Free
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be moving to ABQ in a few weeks and looking for some areas to ride DH, DS, and FR, if anyone can help or direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Your best bet is probably going to be the ski areas.

Sandia peak near Albuquerque has some pretty good DH/FR type stuff, and the chairlift runs most of the summer, weekends only I believe.

Angel Fire is about a three hour drive from Albuquerque. It has a challenging DH course, and a DS course. The chairlift runs during the summer but you'd have to check with them for the schedule.

I've heard rumors of some good FR stuff near Nambe, check the DH forum and do a search for more info. There's a video of it in there somewhere too.

The south foothills in Albuquerque has some dirt jumps that were constructed last year, not sure of the present condition though. I do know that sand was an issue in between the jumps last year robbing one of precious speed.

Also in the south foothills there are a few drops of moderate size and some chutes/steeps along the powerline trail that are fun.

When you get to town give a shout if you'd like a guide.

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.