Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last weekend we did trail maintance in KOKpellie loops. A little face lift for ruster loop.
And Horsethief need a lot help this poor trail see a lot people the counter hit around 60,903 in 2004. With all that use it doing very well. But I took on the orgin section of Lion's loop that Me and 5 other built 11 years ago. One of my more favorite moves was wash out this year to a total walk.So It was time for a reroute.
Which meant moving a very large rock . Which years ago I would have never thought could be moved.

PIC 1 The Rock.
pic 2 the Old line gone which is gone know
pic 3 set up for the move
pic 4 on the move up

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1 pic the rock in place
2 have test the move to make sure that it is still hard to do
3 But has to be do able by me.
4 Now really Barent rode the line first time but the secound time OOOPs

So all in all The route turn out great had a good day of work on the trails. And I'm looking forward tojust getting out riding for a bit.

Attachments

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Kevin, so...how you know how many people hit Horsethief in 2004? Is there some big brother thing going on you need to talk about...and why is it not used to determine who stopped up your stool two years ago?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lidarman said:
Kevin, so...how you know how many people hit Horsethief in 2004? Is there some big brother thing going on you need to talk about...and why is it not used to determine who stopped up your stool two years ago?
Yes there always a big brother thing going on. and yes have counter at most of the trail heads. But some of those rock bars I have at the house so we should be able to keep the stool moving threw the system.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CraigH said:
What is on the other end of the yellow strap?

Thanks for the Fruita update.

Did some big rock moving up here on the weekend, Ned's trail day.

10 days...
Oh here the rock on the other end I was going to say I was holding the strape but you to smart for that. Craig drop me a pm if you are not being kept update with plus ridies of the ffttf.
And oops this is a small rock for you guys up there. You have tree trunks bigger and heavier.

Attachments

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Rustler's Loop work...

Kevin worked with the heavy stuff on Lion's while a group of us took kids and tools to work on Rustler's. First we replaced all the signs and raked out the areas around the signs. Danielle was quite the little rock hauler and Jordan is at the age where he really is a great extra hand.

Then it was off to fix a problematic section. The kids couldn't get as involved since the heavy tools came out and safety was an issue.

Here is a shot of the women working and TJ standing around watching:

A little "friend" that came to visit:

And, just to show he's good for something, TJ hauling kids and tools.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Kevin, Sarah, TJ and all the other Fruita locals...thanks so much for the work. I truly feel ashamed I didn't make it out there for trail work considering how much I ride that stuff and how close I live. Unacceptable really...so how can I keep abreast of Trail Days so I can plan them into my schedule?

Thks again,
Kirk

·
Banned
824 Posts
mongo

tiggerider said:
Last weekend we did trail maintance in KOKpellie loops. A little face lift for ruster loop.
And Horsethief need a lot help this poor trail see a lot people the counter hit around 60,903 in 2004. With all that use it doing very well. But I took on the orgin section of Lion's loop that Me and 5 other built 11 years ago. One of my more favorite moves was wash out this year to a total walk.So It was time for a reroute.
Which meant moving a very large rock . Which years ago I would have never thought could be moved.

PIC 1 The Rock.
pic 2 the Old line gone which is gone know
pic 3 set up for the move
pic 4 on the move up
Too bad I wasn't there to help mongo that boulder. At least I'll be riding it soon anywho...

·
Bad judgement in motion!
143 Posts
Thanks for the hard work

It's been said already, but a resounding "thank you" to all of you for your continuing efforts on these trails. It is truly impressive how well these trails hold up considering the traffic they get. In fact, I'm seriously bummed that I won't make it to your singletrack summit; we're in the process of building trails around here, and I was hoping to pick up a pointer or two. :)

·
"I thought you were dead"
118 Posts
Ok, this may not be as exciting as Kevin's big rock or TJ standing around watching trail babes work, though figured some pics from the work on Horsethief last weekend should be included here.

pic 1 = Jon's pre-work saftey talk + stretch
pic 2 = fall-line route closure (harder than moving a mere chunk of sandstone)
pic 3 = new tread re-route + fall-line closure
pic 4 = wildlife sighting
pic 5 = returning the tread to single-track

Attachments

·
Banned
824 Posts
that fall line

barnstormer said:
Ok, this may not be as exciting as Kevin's big rock or TJ standing around watching trail babes work, though figured some pics from the work on Horsethief last weekend should be included here.

pic 1 = Jon's pre-work saftey talk + stretch
pic 2 = fall-line route closure (harder than moving a mere chunk of sandstone)
pic 3 = new tread re-route + fall-line closure
pic 4 = wildlife sighting
pic 5 = returning the tread to single-track
Excellent work getting rid of that fall line atrocity. It was always a mudpit in Winter too, which made it worse and worse every year. Was anyone from All Metals Welding there to help? The last time I checked, they were the ones who had adopted Horsethief. I saw a Little Orange Friend of mine in a couple of those photos...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.