Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am moving back to AZ in a couple weeks. I've been in NC for the last few years; and while the trails here are beautiful I can't wait to get back out in the desert!

I was wondering what trails were around the Catalina and NW Tucson area. When I lived there last I lived on the other side of town so I didn't ride out there much (except down Mt. Lemmon into Oracle).

Looking forward to getting together for some riding soon.
Thanx!

·
Registered
691 Posts
RidnBear said:
I was wondering what trails were around the Catalina and NW Tucson area. When I lived there last I lived on the other side of town so I didn't ride out there much (except down Mt. Lemmon into Oracle).

Thanx!
The Golder Ranch/50 Year Trail is an extensive trail system immediately south and east of Catalina up against the west facing slopes of the Catalinas. It is certainly the largest, and arguably the best trail system in the area given its great variety of terrain.

In addition from the NW (Oro Valley) it is only about 30 minutes drive to Black Mountain to the north where the Willow Springs Ranch has the 24-Hour race course and Black Mountain itself has some excellent single-track trails that only a handful of locals ever ride. About 45 minutes away is the Oracle State Park/Oracle Windmill system as well as the connections up to Oracle Ridge and Peppersauce Canyon.

Check the guide books or the trail reviews on this same website. In my estimation you are talking about the best riding Tucson has to offer.

John W.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.