Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
that was a cool vid! makes me wanna go back to colorado and do lift assisted runs for 2 days instead of allowin the locals to climb me into submission. looks like you guys had a absolute blast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cactuscorn said:
that was a cool vid! makes me wanna go back to colorado and do lift assisted runs for 2 days instead of allowin the locals to climb me into submission. looks like you guys had a absolute blast!
Thanks! Yeah, it was a great day out. We're going back this weekend for another day full of it. Can't wait! :)
 

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
Joined
·
692 Posts
Great Video,TnT!Looks very nice up there.
Where is Gesunda located in Sweden?I am thinking of visting Sweden in September but I skipped the idea to take my bike with me since Are is to far away for me.Does it happen that it is in south or middle Sweden?

Thanks,
RaD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RaD said:
Does it happen that it is in south or middle Sweden?
Thanks.

Gesunda is next to Mora. Which is pretty much in the middle, but if you consider where people live it's quite far north. ;)

You can use this site to calculate distances from various Swedish towns: http://www.maporama.com/share/

Let me know if you come close to Dalarna and want to get out your bike!
 

·
I don't do PC
Joined
·
7,401 Posts
cactuscorn said:
that was a cool vid! makes me wanna go back to colorado and do lift assisted runs for 2 days instead of allowin the locals to climb me into submission. looks like you guys had a absolute blast!
Hey CC, when I FINALLY get the RFX built up were gonna hit up Keystone sometime, make the trip out and we can do a day at Keystone and some kind of high country shuttle ride.

So how's the job hunting going?
 

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
Joined
·
692 Posts
Thanks for the reply and the directions.Mora is surprisingly not thaaaat far north:thumbsup:,the region Dalarna looks very promising to me(thanks google earth!) and is not unknown to my ears somehow.Does it happend to be that a well known hikingpath(southern kungsleden?) is up there?
Anyway,I'll shure pm you when going up to Sweden but first there is a trip to Norway at my list in the next few weeks.

Later
RaD
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
rroeder said:
Hey CC, when I FINALLY get the RFX built up were gonna hit up Keystone sometime, make the trip out and we can do a day at Keystone and some kind of high country shuttle ride.

So how's the job hunting going?
thats a deal pal. any news on the eta? sure would be cool to see those skills of yers put to a better test on a bigger bike. you guys blew me away with what could be done on a short travel bike.

i was out of town this past weekend lookin at some possibilities but didnt learn very much. things in town are goin slowly but i expected that really. thanx for askin.
 

·
I don't do PC
Joined
·
7,401 Posts
cactuscorn said:
thats a deal pal. any news on the eta? sure would be cool to see those skills of yers put to a better test on a bigger bike. you guys blew me away with what could be done on a short travel bike.

i was out of town this past weekend lookin at some possibilities but didnt learn very much. things in town are goin slowly but i expected that really. thanx for askin.
Kalan hauls a$$ 24/7, of course he races expert XC and trains with all the local pros, I just chase him around a lot, keeps me young :) Dave is a great rider, not really on an XC bike though, Ventana X5 with Fox 36 fork so he can ride down some steep stuff without worry and he's a very strong climber. That route we did is easily done on an XC bike but you can't do the stunts obviously and maybe I walked a few spots I wouldn't of on the Foes.

Larry says Turner was supposed to ship yesterday so I hope to get it this weekend and get it built, probably do a similiar shuttle ride if so and can get the crew together. Krisitain is getting a Knolly real soon so we're definitely talking about a Keystone trip when he gets it built. There's also a ride in the Vail area called Comando run that I haven't done that's supposed to be killer. High country season is almost here, just install an oxygen tank on the RFX somewhere and you'll be fine, we'll take you to the local oxygen bar too next time you come :)
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
daves bike wasnt included in my xc statement but he sure is a animal like ya say. kristian's gettin a knolly? look out colorado! so much for me keepin up next time. kalan could kick our asses on a mgx. no lie kids. good news on yer new ride. im all over a return trip. just got a used shimamo airlines off ebay that i plan to modify for our next outing so im covered there pal. itll be like N0S for the lungs! weeeeeeeeeeeee!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gonzostrike said:
You Cannot Do Ski Hill Riding On A 5-spot!

You Have To Use At Least An RFX, preferably a Highline or DHR, regardless of how you ride. it's all about the image, YO!

Thus Spaketh The Homer Lemmings.
I prefer showing those poser brats on Demo 8 and 9's that it's not (so much) about the bike. ;)

But I don't dare lift the wheels from the ground with the 5-Spot as much as I would like to. If I had the money I'd definately would build a work-horse Highline. But that's not likely to happen so I'm eyeing a Big Hit, the whole bike cost like a Highline frame so... And that would introduce yet another brand in my stable, no two bikes of the same brand! :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RaD said:
Thanks for the reply and the directions.Mora is surprisingly not thaaaat far north:thumbsup:,the region Dalarna looks very promising to me(thanks google earth!) and is not unknown to my ears somehow.Does it happend to be that a well known hikingpath(southern kungsleden?) is up there?
Anyway,I'll shure pm you when going up to Sweden but first there is a trip to Norway at my list in the next few weeks.

Later
RaD
Dalarna, or Dalecarlia as it's usually translated to in English, is what most people link with Sweden. Red houses, hills, big forests and lot's of lakes. Blonde girls in dresses playing with food...

And no, Kungsleden is more north. Should be good biking too but you'd need to bring lot's of food and sleeping stuff.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top