Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would through this out. I was going through the channels and came across this vintage BMX movie, BMX Bandits on Showtime Extreme Sunday Jan. 10. It's on again tonight @ 8:15. A young Nicole Kidman plays in it. It's just too funny seeing the old gear they had.

·
Ilsa
55 Posts
Wow, you're right. I saw that movie on HBO when I was a kid. I just went through life always chucking inside about Kidman and SJP's cheesy bike movie, up to now :confused:

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
In the scenes requiring actual BMX ability you can clearly see it's a guy in a Nicole Kidman wig doing the riding, also if you watch carefully the bikes in the waterslide scene aren't really bikes.............

·
m o t o !
70 Posts
The movie came to the cinemas in the late days of the GDR (German Democratic Republic), around 1987.
I wathched it more than 5 times. I do remember the catchy tune when they rode through the tubes in the open- air bath was my fellow in the class hours the next weeks.

In this era the GDR's economy was able to react to the astonishing new need in the younger population and built a BMX with coaster brake.

I myself got one from Czechoslovakia and had lots of fun:thumbsup: !
ciao, Alexander

Attachments

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
Bar pad on the Diamond Back is upside down - props dept. on fire that day.

·
Sneaker man
3,608 Posts
or just rolled over too far, roll it back and it would read the right way to the rider... bu then the goose has the wrong pad on...for a flat cross bar

1 - 14 of 14 Posts