Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We closed up the bike shop in Elko, sold the house, got the hell outta there. We're doing the semi-retired thing, bought a motorhome. We've been in Reno for two weks, and we'll be here for the summer I think. We have all our bikes with us.. mtn bikes, touring bikes, road bikes, cruisers. Mostly I've been putting miles on the

I enjoy Reno.... I love the road biking. Elko got dull with that.... I rode I80, or out to Lamoille.. you can only do those rides so much before getting bored.... nice to have more choices here, and even bike paths.

I've ridden with the procrastinating pedalers a couple of times. One intentional, one I just wound up with last Saturday, we were going the same way. Seemed like a cool group.

I do want to get my mtn bike out more. That was very enjoyable in Elko, lots of old cow trails everywhere. And many many rides where

Anyhow, I am not currently working, and have a lot of time on my hands, so I have been taking full advantage of it. If anyone wants to go for a ride sometime, I'm game

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Cool. I didn`t know you had a bike shop out there- hope it wasn`t the only one. I`m not so sure I`d want to be up here in the summer if I had a choice about it, but if you can take the smoke and the heat (Yeah, I know, Vegas guys- it`s hot for me though), I hope you enjoy yourself. I just got home from a few weeks of vacation and have my next few weeks pretty well filled up, but I`m usually looking for ride partners too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rodar y rodar said:
Cool. I didn`t know you had a bike shop out there- hope it wasn`t the only one. I`m not so sure I`d want to be up here in the summer if I had a choice about it, but if you can take the smoke and the heat (Yeah, I know, Vegas guys- it`s hot for me though), I hope you enjoy yourself. I just got home from a few weeks of vacation and have my next few weeks pretty well filled up, but I`m usually looking for ride partners too.
Nah it wasnt the only one. Dave had worked for the other, got frustrated, quit, and we opened another. The heat doesnt bother me, I lived in vegas 9 years, this is no problem. The smoke sucks, it stinks, but I still run and ride. Heck often I don't even leave on my rides til 1 or 2pm. I can't stand the cold but I could gladly live in an oven. LOL

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Hey, Mr and Mrs Pugdawg- I have some free time this week after all. I`ll probably go out for a ride of some kind Wed morning. If you guys want to go out, let me know. I`m open to pretty much anywhere or any riding but... unless it`s at high elevation, I need to make it early before it gets too hot and if you prefer road to dirt, keep in mind that I`m slower than molases. Tomorrow is also plenty easy for me, but I don`t know if you`ll read this post in time, so unless I hear from you I`ll take care of my my "honey do"s tomorrow and keep Wed open for a ride. By the way, I`m in Lemon Valley- what part of town are you folks in?

EDIT: Sent PM with info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.