Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I moved to Port Charlotte 2 months ago and have yet to make any mtb contracts. Apparently all of the good mechanic go on vacation in the summer, so no one in the area knows where the trails are. One mechanic that I talked to on the phone before I moved down told me about trails in town. But now he no longer works there. Of 5 bike shops in the area only 1 knew the name it the local-ish club. But no one has replied to my posts on their Facebook page. Can anyone throw me a bone and let me in on the local scene? Thank you.

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
Hello, I moved to Port Charlotte 2 months ago and have yet to make any mtb contracts. Apparently all of the good mechanic go on vacation in the summer, so no one in the area knows where the trails are. One mechanic that I talked to on the phone before I moved down told me about trails in town. But now he no longer works there. Of 5 bike shops in the area only 1 knew the name it the local-ish club. But no one has replied to my posts on their Facebook page. Can anyone throw me a bone and let me in on the local scene? Thank you.
Just move back to TN man. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alafia and Balm-Boyette are surprisingly good. If you are looking for something local check out, https://www.trailforks.com/region/myakkahatchee-creek-greenway-17554/

Beware, lots of trails can be too wet or even underwater in the rainy, summer season. Alva/Caloosahatchee is another option. Not much of a challenge though.
That trail is just 10 minutes from the school I am subbing at! Nice. Are there any sites that will report trail conditions for that trail?

Also, I heard that someone has been building trail here in Port Charlotte. I heard it from a mechanic that no longer works at the bike shop. Any idea who might know about those trails? Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.