Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hey, wait up!
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like many others, I have more than one bike. I've got my regular ride and three others I ride from time to time. I wasn't happy with cutting zip ties and finding fresh ones anytime I wanted to use my 305 on a bike that didn't have the mount on the bar. I haven't wanted to take the time and $ to order a bunch of extra mounts.

So, I've been thinking why isn't there a quick release bike mount for the 305. I looked through my stuff stash and found a QR bar mount for a budget led light I got from [chain bike store]. This $19 light came with a better bar mount than my $$$ Edge 305.

It was a slow day in the office, so I was looking how to use the QR mount with the 305 mount. A couple of zip ties later resulted in photos shown below. The 305 even rotates on its new swivel base. Instead of spending $11-14 each plus p&h to get extra official Garmin mounts, I now have a mount I can easily move as often as I like. It seems stable; if not, I'll just put a little glue in the mix.

I now have a mount permanently attached to my main ride and this mount to move around my other rides.

Is this ghetto?

FWIW.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice!!!
Wish I had seen this before I ordered that second handle bar mount!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.