Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Id love to use trailguru to log my MTB runs as i use it for jogging as well.

Im new to MTB so i crash, im terrified of mounting the unit to the handle bars thinking its going to get crushed when/if i dump or end-over.

I though about trying it from the pouch under my seat, thinking POSSIBLY it may get a GPS signal through the pouch (doubtful) but i would think tucked up under the seat would really be the only safe place for it to reside while riding.

do any of you guys use your phone as a computer or logger while you ride? how do you have it mounted? issues? solutions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried to use mine on my hip and in my pack. It would lose signal about 20% of the time. Once it lost signal it was not able to re-aquire it unless I stopped and gave it a clear view of the sky for a few seconds.

I wasn't willing to mount my phone on the handlebars for the same reason as you.

I finally gave up on using the phone and have a garmin 60csx on the way along with the handlebar mount.

There's several threads here about different mount solutions for gps units. Maybe modding a gps mount that is about the same size as your phone would work for the bars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
putting the phone in the pouch under the seat worked. I even crashed 4 times. Trailguru was able to give me a comprehensive read out of the track via gps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.