Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mounted some geax tnt barro races on the new american classic 29er tubeless wheels,
and i am pretty sure that if i ever want to remove them i will have to cut them off. there is no chance of putting a tube in them trailside if something happened. whats the deal with these tnt tires? also they came in around 680g which is way over weight, and they needed no sealant to be air tight. i have since added some though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yep, they are tight. Couldn't get them to fit my salsa delgado rims, but they are great on my Mavic A719s.

Fortunately, the sidewalls on these things (both the barro and the saguaro) are great! With sealant, shouldn't have to change them until they wear out,

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Yup! Same deal with Stan's Flows here, although I know of one chap that insists they are no big deal to mount. That wasn't my experience though.

My experience was exactly like yours with the TNT tires and the UST Geax Saguaro, which I believe has been discontinued. (It weighed over 900 grams!). Only difference was Stan's Flow rims vs. yours.

Geax TNT tires work perfectly on Mavic, Fulcrum, and Shimano UST wheels with the UST spec rim.

They also will work on Bontrager rims without the TLR rim strip and using a Stan's strip in its place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.