Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got the wrench for the bottom bracket and a chain tensioner for Christmas. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what to do to install this chain tensioner and any special considerations I should be aware of when pulling the crank and BB assembly apart and then re-installing?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Mike

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
A chain tensioner? You mean like a chain guide? E-13? Gamut? MRP? Wicker Racing? Race Face? There's a bunch of different guides out there.

There really isn't much to be aware of. Just put it back the same way you took it off. And add a little lube (grease) to the threads in the bottom bracket shell.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Nah, man. You should be good to go. Just make sure you roll it back far enough to put a little tension on your chain. And you might need a new chain, depending on what you were running before, because it might require a little more chain length.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to update; I didn't have to remove the bottom bracket to get the chain guide on, just had to pull off the crank assembly. The only problem I ran into was the length of the screws and the top mounting point on the bike. Because the top mounting point on the ISCG05 tab had the suspension linkage right behind it, I had to hacksaw one of the screws down and file it so that it wouldn't go through the tab and make contact with the linkage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.