Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When running a helmet mounted light, how are you all carrying the battery for it? Mounting the battery to the back of the helmet seems like it's way too heavy on the head.

I'd think it would work OK putting the battery in a camelbak and running an extension wire to your helmet. If not using a backpack/camelbak, where would you carry the batt?

I'd love to find a coiled extension cable somewhere so there is not so much slack in the system. Anyone found something like that?

Thanks for the ideas / info!
Rob

·
Shirtless Singlespeeder
506 Posts
Tried packs, both shoulder and waist, but as Vancbiker so eloquently put it
it was a PITA any time I took off the pack
I ride where it is routinely 90+ at night and packs just kill my cooling air flow. I just carry it on the helmet. You get used to it and get some killer neck muscles! You may have to experiment a bit with location, off the back or right on top, to get the center of gravity in the best position.
I like taking it off at the end of a ride and be able to use it as a flashlight for tick checks, etc. as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.