Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im thinking of mounting on of those $20 specialized computers so i can measure the distance that i ride...the only problems is that im concerned that the magnet that sits on the spoke will be to far away from the detector to read because there is a large gap(1.75inch at the mark) between them(because of the monster T fork), mounting on rear is not an option cause the gaps even bigger(2 inch).should i put spacers between the magnet, or will it read just fine the way it is? BTW, anyone have one of those $20 specialized computers? are they any good?

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
It's a decent computer.

Master_Jako said:
im thinking of mounting on of those $20 specialized computers so i can measure the distance that i ride...the only problems is that im concerned that the magnet that sits on the spoke will be to far away from the detector to read because there is a large gap(1.75inch at the mark) between them(because of the monster T fork), mounting on rear is not an option cause the gaps even bigger(2 inch).should i put spacers between the magnet, or will it read just fine the way it is? BTW, anyone have one of those $20 specialized computers? are they any good?

I know a lot of riders don't put them on big hit type bikes, but I like seeing the highest speed attained on my favorite section, how far I pedaled the heavy SOB, and riding time is sometimes important. The nice thing about Spec. Speedzone models is that they have a thick, heavier duty wire, and the wire is a little longer than some for better fitment on long travel bikes. I have one on a Super T. I also put a bike computer on my dirt motorcycle which is not far off from fitting one to your MT. Since all you need is a magnet to trigger the sending unit, just look around for different magnets to attach to the hub or other convenient location near the hub/axle area. You can even find some glue-on magnets or just epoxy one to the spot you want to trigger the sending unit. That Specialized sending unit is pretty fat and will stick out toward the wheel/hub area better than some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.