Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stole this idea from Steve Carrell on The Office sometime ago, i'm going to start this blurb with a few different openers and you can pick your favourite:

Mountainview 9 Hour 2008 - August 16th

Looking for a taste of the trails being used for this years O-Cup Championships?
or
Looking for another relay event this summer, one thats a little different?
or
Always dreamed of having a pie eating contest during a mountain bike race?

Check out the 4th annual Mountainview 9 Hour Relay hosted at the Mountainview Ski Area in Midland. Complete as many laps as possible as a soloist or on a team while competing in mini events throughout the day to earn valuable time bonuses. Unique medals, loads of draw prizes, and a giant cheque will round out this fun, low-key day of racing. For more information, and to register online, visit www.mountainviewmidland.com/9hr.htm

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
This race rocks.
It's small.
The bonus events help spice things up.
The trails are lots of fun.
It is cheaper than Chico/Hardwood events.

I did it on a tag team last year. I plan to do the next Hardwood relay tag, and if that goes well, I'll probably want to do this 9 hour tag as well.

·
veldrijder
1,083 Posts
This race does sound like a lot of fun, and the fees are extremely reasonable (about half of comparable events within the province). I will keep it in mind.

Who are you tagging the Summer 8 with, Ryan? I am doing a tag team there as well :thumbsup:

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
the plan

jmoote said:
This race does sound like a lot of fun, and the fees are extremely reasonable (about half of comparable events within the province). I will keep it in mind.

Who are you tagging the Summer 8 with, Ryan? I am doing a tag team there as well :thumbsup:
I'm doing the summer 8 with my sister. She does not do too much racing, but I can't ride 8 hours, so when i need a rest, she may as well get in some riding. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a friendly reminder that the early registration deadline is this thursday at midnight. Registering early can make you happy by saving some money, and it can make me happy so i know how many shirts to order.

Hope to see some mtbr-ers out for this one. cheers...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Rode the course tonight. It's sweet. Amazing flow. There is more singletrack than most events. I swear you will almost come out dizzy from turning so much. I'll get a few pictures up on my site in the next day or two.

Don't forget that Mountainview is the site of O-cup championships. What better way to check out the area than to race!!!

http://www.mountainviewmidland.com/

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Matt 24 solo said:
Rode the course tonight. It's sweet. Amazing flow. There is more singletrack than most events. I swear you will almost come out dizzy from turning so much. I'll get a few pictures up on my site in the next day or two.

Don't forget that Mountainview is the site of O-cup championships. What better way to check out the area than to race!!!

http://www.mountainviewmidland.com/
Sounds good! The ski hill courses always provide some fun descents, after you finish your climb to the top of course.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.