Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: sgltrak

· slow
8,177 Posts
Such a cool event. I had friends that used to race this event back in the early 90's when it was the Montezuma's Revenge. When I had my shop in Dillon I sponsored a rider who participated and one of my employees rode it a couple of years.

Here is some great video coverage of some of the early events:

· membership renounced
2,184 Posts
I heard talk of it in the 90's, and wanted to do it, but I wasn't ever able to figure out the how and when. That was pre-internet days, but I did finally do it two years ago. Called it quits Sunday morning, as I spent much of Saturday night riding in the rain, and faster riders were coming in from the loop I needed to start next with stories of hypothermia, and all but two turned back because of lightning strikes.

Sadly, I saw this morning that this is the last year for the event, at least under Adam's supervision. I was signed up to do it again this year, but cancelled a few days ago because "reasons". It's a truly magical place, and I'm glad to I got to experience it, even if it was as a 50+ year old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.