Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Now, I am not saying that there is anything wrong going on here, but let's think about this for a second.

You are not a 503(c), correct?

So, technically, when people give money to you, they can't claim that on their taxes.

But when you give all of their money over to the charity, technically, you could, right?

Something just does not sound right here. Why not just encourage people to give to the charity directly?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
austin_bike said:
Now, I am not saying that there is anything wrong going on here, but let's think about this for a second.

You are not a 503(c), correct?

So, technically, when people give money to you, they can't claim that on their taxes.

But when you give all of their money over to the charity, technically, you could, right?

Something just does not sound right here. Why not just encourage people to give to the charity directly?
You are correct, currently MountainBikeTx.com is not a 503(c), nor do we claim to be. And yes, technically you are correct, I could; however, it isn't me the tax payer making the donation and the tax deduction really isn't of concern to me anyhow, nor has it ever been since we started Texas Together. If a tax deduction is your main concern, then by all means use the link provided on the Texas Together page and donate directly to one of the many valid charity/non-profit organizations listed there. If your employer (like Alan's) matches your contribution, I would highly recommend going that route above all else.

It's simple, we here at MountainBikeTx.com aren't concerned with how you support the relief efforts, just offering an option that allows mountain bikers to pitch in together as a community; be it $1 or $1000, every dollar helps.

If by not sounding right you are implying something then you are way off base; but why, John, am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.