Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Try it on one wheel
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our team of five mountain unicyclists are headed down to Panama to ride ocean-to-ocean on and ancient gold route through the jungle. This will entail some dirt road, a couple boat-assisted water crossings, some established jungle trail, and some machete work. To the best of our knowledge, this trail (called Camino des Cruces) has never been traversed by any kind of cycle.

We leave today.

Please see our blog:
http://personalrollercoaster.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
111 Posts
2_Tires said:
Strange .. i've never seen a unicycle outside of a circus or busker festival. Crazy
Just because YOU haven't seen it outside of a circus or busker festival doesn't make it strange or even crazy. I mean what is so NORMAL about riding around on two wheels through the woods looking like you're dressed in boxer-briefs with a matching spandex/lycra super-hero shirt? Since when as the road-cycling attire become the norm for mountain biking? Anyhow, let's keep an open mind, two wheels, three wheels, one wheel? Who cares? As Kris Holm, one of the pioneers of mountain unicycle said "It's a sport not an act."

Good luck Steveyo we want to hear all about your trip!

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
Ha Ha!
There are some guys that come to Bootleg every now and then to ride their unicycles.
I have to give them credit, they ride better than I do on two wheels.

They are a strange lot, but tame. If you approach them quietly, they don't bite. :D

I can't play the videos on my ancient PC, but I bet I've met at least one of those guys.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
ok so this is old... but it's so awesome... I lived in panama for 6 years as a kid (early to mid 90's... right after just cause)... the las Cruces trail was so awesome... one of my fav memories... the kewlest out there was prob the HUGE nests of ants in the trees... they'd feel you walking by and go running out to attack ya :)... also the arrow head frogs... still have a part of an old bottle I found along the trail... my wife doesn't know why I keep it haha

guess you made it for the dry season :)... a few months earlier and you'd have been wet and miserable every day around 2-3pm

·
Try it on one wheel
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
donalson said:
ok so this is old... but it's so awesome... I lived in panama for 6 years as a kid (early to mid 90's... right after just cause)... the las Cruces trail was so awesome... one of my fav memories... the kewlest out there was prob the HUGE nests of ants in the trees... they'd feel you walking by and go running out to attack ya :)... also the arrow head frogs... still have a part of an old bottle I found along the trail... my wife doesn't know why I keep it haha

guess you made it for the dry season :)... a few months earlier and you'd have been wet and miserable every day around 2-3pm
We saw those "azteca" ants in the trees, with their long nests. Wild.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.