1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Administrator
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some great videos from a privateer's perspective

Qualifying:

His final run (48th place):

And Killian Brons winning run:

These are pretty enjoyable and really unique races. I thought the qualifying looked exhausting and then the race just turned it up to 11. Amazing race course and riders all around. I'd love to do this if I lived in Europe and was in shape and had the skills and, I dunno, had a pony too as long as I am wishing.

· Administrator
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Races like that are the only kind I've found that can hold my interest to watch. I'd love to see one with a speedo readout for the top competitors on the flat-out sections.
Agreed. I couldn't believe I watched 45 minutes of it.

· Professional Crastinator
6,829 Posts
In Killian's video, even on a large TV, my eyes cannot even keep up with the insane pace and what looks like utterly indiscriminate line choices. I can't even tell where the course is going!
(they need to remove more of the pedally sections from the course, tho)

I came across this one. Just watched it for the crash (1:30). Dude was ejected! That guy, I think, was OK, but later on the rider actually stops his race for a downed rider and edits it out. That guy looked seriously injured. Course marshal running up the mountain, presumably to his aid. I know it happens sometimes even though it's supposed to be fun. :(

-F

· Administrator
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Killian's video, even on a large TV, my eyes cannot even keep up with the insane pace and what looks like utterly indiscriminate line choices. I can't even tell where the course is going!
(they need to remove more of the pedally sections from the course, tho)

I came across this one. Just watched it for the crash (1:30). Dude was ejected! That guy, I think, was OK, but later on the rider actually stops his race for a downed rider and edits it out. That guy looked seriously injured. Course marshal running up the mountain, presumably to his aid. I know it happens sometimes even though it's supposed to be fun. :(

-F
I saw that one too. The filmer was ejected as well. Bad line choice there I think. I was watching the other videos and had that same thought, some areas were crazy dangerous and there were no marshals or anything there. Presumably it is up to racers to call for help if there is someone badly injured and some of those upper areas I can't imagine how difficult an extraction would be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.