Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commute about 3/4 mile to work every day. I usually leave for work about 5:30 am. or so.
Monday there was a fairly large mountain lion spotted just 2 blocks from my house and directly on the route I take to get to work.
Cop's were called and several deputies showed up and shined their spot lights on this cat, as they watched it eat someone's kitty cat it showed no fear of humans. It eventualy wondered off into the brush only to be seen again this morning. :eek:
Now I wonder if I should continue to ride to work. What would you guy's do?

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
What town was this in? It obviously found something to eat so you are good for a couple of weeks of commuting until it turns its sights on you.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Like duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Toss some kitties out around the a couple of times a week. It will keep it fed and not be interested in you.......................:D

On the serious side, it's not my safety, but them mtn lions arent to interested in us to eat. We are big and they would rather have an easy kill like a kitty or Pomeranian.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
baycat said:
I would probably lock my doors, stock up on non-perishable goods, and await the 2012 apocalypse.

What town was this in? It obviously found something to eat so you are good for a couple of weeks of commuting until it turns its sights on you.
I live in Shasta Lake, just north of Redding.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Leave a bag of kitty treats from Petco and carry a tranquilizer gun in case of sudden leaps at you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Skip,
You are much too gristly for the delicate palette of a mtn. lion. You will be safe, I promise.

If I am wrong I will visit your grave often and apologize profusely - so you've got that going for ya!

I'm sure you will be safe - but just in case could you please get me that $10 you owe me asap - like before you leave for work tomorrow?

Your Friend,
The Fisherman

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Fisherman, will you come ride to work with me in the morning and protect me?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Gee Skip - you know I love ya man but I'm totally busy tomorrow morning - I have to wash the dog - sorry dude!

Have you mailed the check yet?

Your Friend,
The Fisherman

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fiskare said:
Gee Skip - you know I love ya man but I'm totally busy tomorrow morning - I have to wash the dog - sorry dude!

Have you mailed the check yet?

Your Friend,
The Fisherman
Can I post date that check until June or July 2011?:D

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hey Skip - if this whole mtn. lion thing turns out bad for ya can I have your bike?

Your Friend,
The Fisherman

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I don't think a kitty cat will fill the mtn lion up for long. I would wait for a dog to go missing before you consider riding to work again.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
Mountain lion all around us. They all have the square footage broken up and they roam and hunt for deer.

Just because it got spotted doesn't change anything. They roam and they don't bother us.

So just carry on. Creepy but that's really how it goes. rawr.

fc

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok francois, but if something happens to me I'm gunna come back and haunt ya. lol.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
skip canfield said:
Ok francois, but if something happens to me I'm gunna come back and haunt ya. lol.
That's koo. Just make sure you bring me an IPA from the other side.

So is it dark when you ride? Make sure you have a blinky.

fc

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
Man, I've been commuting 6 miles to work in the dark for 5 years, and I live on a dirt road in the woods, and I've never seen one. I see at least dozen deer every day...it's like a mountain lion buffet on my ride to work. My neighbors have seen one on my road, I've seen tracks, but I have never seen one. I am insanely jealous. If you don't get a picture you have failed us all.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,988 Posts
I would build more housing developments and strip-malls. That'll show 'em.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts