Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hey, wait up!
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning, I saw this leaning outside a laundromat and had to stop and check it out.

I'm now trying to figure our where to get one. (The bike owner no habla englis; I no habla espanol.)

Attachments

·
Hey, wait up!
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jjonas said:
You ever ridden a penny? All I got to say is watch how hard you pull that front brake! A good size bump will put you right over the handlebars.
I found the website for the bike maker. Coker

They have some other cool stuff:

Cruiser

36" - Those are some BIG wheels

And this too:

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Ridable Bicycle Replicas

Ridable Bicycle Replicas - https://www.hiwheel.com is the "RBR" in the desc of the mini high wheeler on the unicycle.com page. I've got an old mini they built in the 70's I got off Craigslist for $20. It's missing a cast bearing part, and I've been procrastinating getting one. It has a 27" front wheel, and a 12" rear wheel.

They have lots of cool stuff at their site:

Oh, and a front brake on a high wheeler is a very bad idea. It's fixed gear. That's all the brake you need, and much harder to send yourself OTB. It would be pretty interesting getting one going down a hill...

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
No way!

jjonas said:
You ever ridden a penny? All I got to say is watch how hard you pull that front brake! A good size bump will put you right over the handlebars.
If a 29'er will roll over anything, can you imagine how well that front wheel will bomb the trails? Well...maybe the center of gravity might be a little...high.:D Seriously though, we had 3 guys show up at an annual city sponsored bike tour/race on those things. They rode an entire 30 mile section on them. It was fairly flat terrain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.