1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Yes, that does have odd geometry for a BMX bike. Seat tube looks really tall. Seat tube angle looks really steep. In fact, it looks like mountain bikeish in the geometry.

Now the real question. Is that a Mountain Goat built out of Jeff Lindsey's shop? Or is that an Altitude with a goat badge built at Altitude Cycles which Jeff "ran" with capital from a certain Asian frame making factory? Altitude Cycles was A-Pro's answer to Kinesis opening up Kinesis USA. Altitude stayed in business for a very short time.

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
......by Jeff's own hand

I did confirm with Jeff that he did make this one in the shop with his own hands. As to the geometry, Jeff says "It's a fully Stealth Geometry and very rare! That's why I didn't
make more. All the riders that raced it would have been booted for illegal
geo. Too scary fast you know." Now you know.....the rest of the story!

Now the real question. Is that a Mountain Goat built out of Jeff Lindsey's shop? Or is that an Altitude with a goat badge built at Altitude Cycles which Jeff "ran" with capital from a certain Asian frame making factory? Altitude Cycles was A-Pro's answer to Kinesis opening up Kinesis USA. Altitude stayed in business for a very short time.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
or Formula One?

First Flight said:
We finally got pictures up of the only living example of a Mountain Goat BMX bike @ http://www.firstflightbikes.com/1997_Mtn_Goat_BMX.htm

Not an expert on BMX bikes but it sure looks a little differently proportioned than the typical BMX bike.
Prettry sure I recall seeing some F-1 bikes in Jeff's booth the year everybody was touting F-1 as the Next Big Thing. You remember those; 20" wheel set up for racing around parking lot cones by adults. High saddle, real low flat bar.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
bulC said:
Prettry sure I recall seeing some F-1 bikes in Jeff's booth the year everybody was touting F-1 as the Next Big Thing. You remember those; 20" wheel set up for racing around parking lot cones by adults. High saddle, real low flat bar.
1989. Close but them F1 bikes were Funky with a capital F.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,733 Posts
A frind had a Schwinn F1

Man that was one sweet machine. We modified that frame so many times to have it do many different things. Finally ended up welding on a seattube extention and using it as a TT bike with a massive chainring 60T or so and a 11-18 rear cluster with dual discs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts