Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was Just looking at the Mountain Cycle website and saw this

http://www.mountaincycle.com/rumble

..."We have also developed a 29r kit for the Rumble as we soon realised that the compact sharp design combined with a great standover, makes the Rumble the ideal 29r platform as well!"

Looks fun, possible alternative to the Paradox or Simon Bar, anyone have any more info?

·
Registered
2020 Salsa Horsethief; 2021 Surly Krampus
852 Posts
After reading that, I'm confused. The geo numbers look like a 26" frame (i.e. 15.9" chainstay). Is the "29er kit" just longer replaceable rear dropouts? If so, I'd be weary of any bike that is "convertable from 26" to 29".

Or, its 6:30 AM and I misread something there...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think that's right the 29r is listed with the detachable drops.

I have a Kona Explosif 26er running a 700c by 44c cross tire (WTB mutanorator listed as a 29x1.85 actually) with the sliders all the way back there is still plenty of clearance. I run a rigid 26er fork that can squeeze in up to a 29x2.2. The bike handles fine and is not that far off from fitting a full 29r tire.

As for this bike the site isn't very informative do they really only come in two sizes. I assume it is made out of aluminum but I didn't see anything listed. Not sure I would buy a frame that is made to be converted not for use as a 29r any way. The Kona is just something I did because I had it laying around, if you want a 29r I would buy a purpose built one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.