Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you know why landon designed it around that size? It looks like it would have clearance for a 7.5x2 or something. A bigger shock like that seems like it would make more sense because of the lower leverage ratio, extra shock options, and no real weight increase.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eknomf said:
Do you know why landon designed it around that size? It looks like it would have clearance for a 7.5x2 or something. A bigger shock like that seems like it would make more sense because of the lower leverage ratio, extra shock options, and no real weight increase.
7.5" x 2" would give it a 2 to 1 ratio, that's no good. It would be far too over-damped.
6.5" x 1.5" gives it less than 3 to 1, which is just right.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Wow

Looks good except it's going to have some serious feedback issues with that really high forward pivot. Should be a snappy peddaler though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey Twisted,

Looks like a fun bike, but I am still holding out for an Internal Transmission MC. Should I at least be optimistic?

·
Registered
558 Posts
MC Rumble Single Speed

MC Rumble Single Speed:

Rennen Tensioner
Sram PG-1 1/2"X1/8" SS chain
Gusset 1-ER spacers
Chris King Stainless 17t cog
32t up front

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Twisted,
I have a 04 Black Ano 9point5 fully loaded with super high end bombproof components total weight around 21.3kg.What do you think?Is that I have to switch back to a light weight DH version?Need help,thanks.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bingo9point5 said:
Hi Twisted,
I have a 04 Black Ano 9point5 fully loaded with super high end bombproof components total weight around 21.3kg.What do you think?Is that I have to switch back to a light weight DH version?Need help,thanks.
The new 9.5 SL won't be made available to the public for a little while. We still have some more testing left to do to be sure it is both strong as possible and as light as we feel is safe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bingo9point5 said:
Hi Twisted,
You could probably just get the ti bolts, lighter linkage, and dhx air and accomplish almost the same thing, but still have the stronger version of the frame

·
Registered
116 Posts
i've been kickin the ball around about getting either a VP-Free, a Dirtbag, or one of the MC bikes (DNA or a Sin) and have been wondering what a moderately built DNA or Sin would weigh in at... i think the DNA is more what i'm looking for since i still need it to be able to climb with it (unless a Sin can climb well...)

any input???

1 - 20 of 708 Posts