Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your take on these bicycles for a guy who will ride the roughest trails, with climbing considered a workout (not racing uphill for best times...willing to work hard doesn't bother me) but the fun factor is really hammering it downhill.

I'm looking to buy used, and trying to get a bike for about $1200 (or less, if I could find the steal!). I'm just getting back into the mountain bike scene (rode previously), and I'm used to my motocross stuff (my main passion). I'd want a tough bike, good handling and brakes, and a good suspension 'cause I'd guess I'd launch 6' drops as I got used to the mountain bikes.

What's your take on the Mountain Cycle Shockwave? How 'bout the Intense M1? I'm also looking at the Kona Coiler, Stinkee DeeLux, and now the Giant AC. Let me know anything bad/good about these rides, and also any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

·
Fun-O-Meter
205 Posts
Vpp

Unless you are only going to be shuttling or riding lifts, I would throw VPP bikes into the mix, like Intense Uzzi VPX or 6.6 (I have a VPX) or the Santa Cruz VPFree or Nomad. They all pedal incredibly well for having lots of rear wheel travel, and they all have full-length seat tubes so you can put your seat up to climb, and drop it for the descent.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Check

jtomasik said:
What is your take on these bicycles for a guy who will ride the roughest trails, with climbing considered a workout (not racing uphill for best times...willing to work hard doesn't bother me) but the fun factor is really hammering it downhill.

I'm looking to buy used, and trying to get a bike for about $1200 (or less, if I could find the steal!). I'm just getting back into the mountain bike scene (rode previously), and I'm used to my motocross stuff (my main passion). I'd want a tough bike, good handling and brakes, and a good suspension 'cause I'd guess I'd launch 6' drops as I got used to the mountain bikes.

What's your take on the Mountain Cycle Shockwave? How 'bout the Intense M1? I'm also looking at the Kona Coiler, Stinkee DeeLux, and now the Giant AC. Let me know anything bad/good about these rides, and also any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
wheelworld.com theyre busting out the stinkys..cheap

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
jtomasik said:
used bike for about $1200 (or less, if I could find the steal!).What's your take on the Mountain Cycle Shockwave? How 'bout the Intense M1? I'm also looking at the Kona Coiler, Stinkee DeeLux, and now the Giant AC. Let me know anything bad/good about these rides, and also any other suggestions.
Thanks in advance!
Intense M1 OR Kona Stinke Dee-Lux would be your best picks off your list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts