Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
If by North Shore you mean features like ladders, teeter-totters, and other such goodies; the closest they got to features like those last year were on a trail called Exodus. They built two ladders gapping over small ravines that weren't particularly difficult, about 10 feet high but I would say the fear factor of riding them was at about a 3 out of 10, if even. Nothing like trails at Whistler like Clown Shoes, or anything on the Shore for that matter. That being said, this is only the 2nd or 3rd season of operation for the Diablo Park, I think its the third but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. They used to have the occasional DH race there before the park opened but the scene was nothing like it is now. Toward the end of the season last year the crew acquired several power tools that could be seen sculpting new sections of trail, and in the time that they were given more freedom with better equipment, the quality of riding jumped up substantially. So to finally give you a partial answer to your question, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see more North Shore style stunts this year. Especially on the new section of mountain that they are opening to biking, since this area is not currently used by boarders and skiers during the winter, therefore is less likely to be tampered with. Lets hope they step it up even more in '05!!!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
crazyfreerider said:
they dont have a place to search and there are only like 10 pics
...............google..............? :rolleyes:

try www.yagoohoogle.com

when u type in somethin to search, the screen splits into one half google, one half yahoo
just though id get this awesome site across ;)

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
That's all pretty accurate. It'll be my second season riding there and they did progress a lot during the '04 season. They just posted new pics of a few more bridges. It is still a really new set up and I have faith that they will take that place further every weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.