Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a copy of this at Barnes and Noble today. Well it was "Mountain Biking World" but everything inside of it is from mtbuk. All I can say is WOW. Compared to majority of American biking "magazines" this thing is a fricken novel! It's amazing. Tons of excellent photography ranging from nobodies doing cool stuff to steve peat and other top-a-da-line pros. The articles are juicy and don't hold back. None of that censorship crap except for the occasional fvck, :p. Lots of well thought out reviews that are both educational and exciting. Also frequently throughout the magazine there are breakdowns of the technology, like cutout diagrams of a 5th Element Air and explanations for how everything works on it as well as all other platform shocks. Even the ads are better! With tons of thigns on it (picture cambria ad but 10x better) as well as halfnaked models in the middle of them. :D And to top it all off, it came with a damn dvd movie with it!!!! Tons of excellent footage varying from The Bike Show (or whatever its called) to people doing some kickass djs to some awesome ds racing. Over an hour long too. :D

I think I hear a subscription in my future. :cool:

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red Bull said:
Fvck, i was just at Barnes and Nobles 20minutes ago and decided to get the Decline. Still good, but id rather have that DVD. Oh well, since my parents are away i have plenty of money to get that tomorrow ;) .
Lol. It seems like a pretty sweet dvd. :)

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
puttsey said:
I own the subcripstion, 90 bucks, but hella worth it...that mag RULES
Man that's a lot! Oh well I guess I'll have to try and get my mom to pay for it. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
i seem to remember alot more UK mags afew years ago. what happened to them? Decline is closest to the UK mags with the large format. $90 for a subscription thats steep, but I guess addicts like us need our fix!!

·
Bionic Mtn Biker
222 Posts
dras said:
That's wierd. I went to B+N yesterday because the weather was crap and just saw that mag. I agree, there is a lot of material for your $5.99.
$5.99?! That's a deal. At my B&N it costs $9.99 (pound to dollar currency conversion).

It's a pretty good mag, compared to what we have here in the states, but more often than not, it feels juvenile and commercialized. Filter out the garbage, and you can find some good reviews and tech tips. The DVD bonus is worth the purchase, though.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
6milliondollarman said:
$5.99?! That's a deal. At my B&N it costs $9.99 (pound to dollar currency conversion).

It's a pretty good mag, compared to what we have here in the states, but more often than not, it feels juvenile and commercialized. Filter out the garbage, and you can find some good reviews and tech tips. The DVD bonus is worth the purchase, though.
Mine was $8 but well worth it in my opinion. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.