Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
keepin' it rural
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, we are going to be in NZ from Dec 26 - Jan 12, on a much needed vacation. We are landing in Auckland, renting a car and will be making our way down both islands for the two weeks,ultimately ending up in Christchurch a few days before a wedding on Jan 10 we have no real itinerary as it stands, but definitely want to experience the mountain biking in NZ as we make our way down. So i guess he big question is, where are the most desirable places to ride, that we we will be able to rent bikes and gear. We hail from the US (Las Vegas, NV) we are up for any type of riding from aggressive all mountain to cross country, shuttle runs to all day rides, we basically want to experience the best NZ has to offer. Any suggestions and opinions on some "must-rides" are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

p.s. im posting this in the vorb forum as well...

·
Registered
366 Posts
head to Rotovegas (Rotorua), about 3 hours south of Auckland. While waiting in Wellington for the ferry to the South Island, head to Makara Peak bike park. about 7ks from city centre. http://www.mountainbike.co.nz/places/makarapeak/firsttime.html Bikes can be rented in NZ, (Mud Cycles Wellington), if at all possible though bring your own. Just make sure they are clean for our Customs Man. I hav heard of guys bringing bikes, and selling them at the end of their trip, worth more here than what you might pay.

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
summud said:
Hello, we are going to be in NZ from Dec 26 - Jan 12, on a much needed vacation. We are landing in Auckland, renting a car and will be making our way down both islands for the two weeks,ultimately ending up in Christchurch a few days before a wedding on Jan 10 we have no real itinerary as it stands, but definitely want to experience the mountain biking in NZ as we make our way down. So i guess he big question is, where are the most desirable places to ride, that we we will be able to rent bikes and gear. We hail from the US (Las Vegas, NV) we are up for any type of riding from aggressive all mountain to cross country, shuttle runs to all day rides, we basically want to experience the best NZ has to offer. Any suggestions and opinions on some "must-rides" are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

p.s. im posting this in the vorb forum as well...
What therollex said plus!

So youre limited by bike hire to a degree here!

If yer landing in Auckland depending on how long your here in AK!

Auckland!
North of Auckland is most of the local riding Woodhill bikeparks! they have bikes for hire though vry low end fine for a ride, Freeriden on the way out there has the best coffee you drive right past them on the man highway they also hire bikes but ring in advance bikeparks is about 15mins further up the road from them!

As Rolloex says Rotovegas [ Rotorua is your next best stop ] follow highway 27 off the motorway 40km south of AK city its the best route to Vegas and better scenery if ya want some relax stopping take a 10min drive detour to Te Aroha pretty easy to find take the signs to the hot pools and enjoy the oldest hotpools in NZ there's private and open options and the history aspect for the whole region is really cool, also some good MTB there but I don't think there's any hire, and you can ride straight from the hotpools and finish there very nice!

Hit Vegas and you'll find plenty of bike shops either in Fenton street or just around the main town area get a map for the forest $2 its extensive and ya can hire bikes right at the park, again don;t expect much in bike level its hardtail basic pretty much!

Tere so many option Taupo is another oftn looked over area but has ks and ks of primo single track on pumice base rain hail or shine its perfect riding conditions as you leave the highway to head to Lakt Taupo man route south to Wellington, around 5-mins out of main town you will see a resort on the left with Helicopter thats the new main carpark zone for MTB pit stop it will take you upriver to a tunnel under the road and you'll head into th MTB area called craters of the moon, named because of it moon and crater like appearance, its also a man geo thermal area so stick to the trails, its very safe very cool!

Im not sure about bike hire there or not its a big tourist area as jetboating up river kayaking etc so I'd be surprised if they haven't gotten into the bike hire side as well! check it out and the LBS in Taupo another cool touristy place to hang and shop or drink awesome coffee, plenty of those there too its a real cycle town, multi sport HQ and mtb is big there.

So head south there nice drive, Welly is probably ya next big Stop 2 weeks sounds allot but ya probably lost nearly a week by the time ya done Welly [ Wellington] follow rolx advice there some good tracks for kicks and giggles right in the middle of town airport side called mount Victoria can't miss it its above Oriental Bay so if ya head down town and drive around the city harbor you cant miss it, some nice single track riding there for an hour or too great if ya pressed for time, otherwise head up to the wind mill, especially if hiring from Mud cylces they used to be up that way.

Once South so many options for rising but I don;t know many for hire!
Since eading to CHCH for wedding Hamner springs is great for a detour more hot springs nice little alpine vialage 45 min of main trunk to CHCH you can head that way directly after Kaikoura which is worth stopping at first, you have to drive right through it so can;t miss it, the Whale capital of the South Pacific!

Check the map but there is a turn of 5-10min if mem serves me right for Hanmer Springs
hot pools and some wicked MTB again there's only a couple of LBS there small not sure on MTB hire ring ahead if ya go there worth a stop either on way there or return! unless ya flying out of CHCH on way home.

CHCH has lots of great MTB, let lostmypassword hook ya up there PM him maybe!

Ya have to go to Central Otago If ya come this far check out Vertigo bikes the riding in this area is the best in the World not just NZ imo it explodes almost every country type of terrain packed into this area Im talking the variety of terrain changes from town to town allot of Drop in NZ 04/05 was filmed here, its extensive and these boys can hook you up, I know there's good hire here, Wanaka another top riding location, and Alexandra some of the best single track anywhere!

If you only had time for some rides I'd miss everything else out and ride Whakarewa, Taupo, and Central Otago if time is limited you would go home buzzing for the rest of your life, DO NOT MISS out on Rotorua and Central Otago must do's course as yer know Qtown is home of the Bungy and ya can't come to NZ and not do that either!

Hope that helps, now enjoy ya coming at a great time of year, weather can be fickle over Xmas time but Jan is mid Summer enjoy:thumbsup:

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
ButchNZ said:
The lifts should be open at Coronet peak round that time of the year too. Well worth the trip to Queesnstown.
Good point and Dirt Park will be open too, though I guess they are limited to the Hire bikes available, plus may not be that style of rider, though tones and tones of amazing trail rides down there!

·
Ugly Knees
40 Posts
thanks for the GREAT info!

Mrs.summud here:

Thanks fellas for the terrific info:thumbsup: We really appreciate the time you've put in to helping us plan our trip. Any of you that head to the southwest of the U.S. are welcome to pick our brains for the low-down on our trails. ;)

Here's the tentative plans so far...

We hit land in Auckland on the 26th of Dec. After a day or so to adjust to the toilet flushing backwards, we are heading to Rotoura (this place looks amazing). From what I read Rotoura is a city in NZ and Rotovegas is a slang word for Rotorua...is that right, this is the same place?

We're looking at the full day bike and raft trip with Planet Bike the first day we are there (hoping the guide will help us get the lay of the land). Then the second day in Rotorua, we plan on hitting the trails all day.

Has anybody had any experience with Planet Bike? Do they suck or will they be able to live up to the promises on their website: "For those who want hard fast technical action we promise to leave you gasping!" I wanna leave gasping...is this the shop for that or just hype? Does anybody know what kind of bikes they rent? I couldn't see a list of their fleet on their web page. They said that all of their bikes have front suspension and v-brakes? TrailAdvent - you said just the basic on the bikes...is Rotorua the kind of place that you don't need disc brakes and squish in the rear? Suggestions on a better shop? Any info ya'll can share is much appreciated.

Next stop, Wellington for a few days - will definitely hit Makara Peak (with the help of Mud Cycles) if we have any legs left and aren't too beat up from New Year's Eve. We might check out those trails in the middle of town too :D

We're doing the ferry crossing on the 2nd of Jan and are (hopefully) heading to Waterfall Bay (Port Ligar) for a couple of days. Not sure what the plans for this area are yet...

We are planning on hitting Central Otago next - Queenstown for some bungee jumping and more Mt. biking of course. I checked out the site for Vertigo Bikes and it looks really promising. I saw that they have have two guided tours: 1) The Heli-Bike, 2) The Gondola. Do ya'll think it's worth doing either of these or should we just rent bikes and have at it on our own?

Not sure how long we can spend in Central Otago, so not sure if we can hit up Wanaka or Alexandra...we are planning on being in St. Arnaud on the 8th (or 9th if we are having too much fun in Central Otago) for the wedding on the 10th. We might be able to spend more time this far south if we can find a train from Queenstown to Christchurch, but haven't been able to find one on the internet yet...still searching.

Finally, if our legs (and pocketbooks) can handle it we might try and sneak a ride in Christchurch before we head out on the 12th.

So the for sure's are Rotorua and Queenstown for MTB and the like. Thanks so much for everbody's suggestions and input!

Thanks again!

Paul and Summer

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
Hello there , I put some answers to your questions below in red, hope that helps, and I enjoy helping all who come here so no trouble at all, kiwi's are like that in general so don;'t be afraid ask any locals questions when ya get here.

Chur
[ Kiwi slang for cheers bro, or thank you thanks mate]

smudd said:
Mrs.summud here:

Thanks fellas for the terrific info:thumbsup: We really appreciate the time you've put in to helping us plan our trip. Any of you that head to the southwest of the U.S. are welcome to pick our brains for the low-down on our trails. ;)

no probs sure some others will respond as well!

Here's the tentative plans so far...

We hit land in Auckland on the 26th of Dec. After a day or so to adjust to the toilet flushing backwards, we are heading to Rotoura (this place looks amazing). From what I read Rotoura is a city in NZ and Rotovegas is a slang word for Rotorua...is that right, this is the same place?

Whew whirwind landing hope ya arriving early, not too bad though, its only about 3hrs drive to RotoVegas yup slang for Rotorua, and its totaly awesome!

We're looking at the full day bike and raft trip with Planet Bike the first day we are there (hoping the guide will help us get the lay of the land). Then the second day in Rotorua, we plan on hitting the trails all day.

Had no direct experience with them but theyre sure to be great,they would get lots of OS visitors so should be up for it, and hooks up with other adventure coys will def make it easier for you and waste less time so more quality, I hope:D

Has anybody had any experience with Planet Bike? Do they suck or will they be able to live up to the promises on their website: "For those who want hard fast technical action we promise to leave you gasping!" I wanna leave gasping...is this the shop for that or just hype? Does anybody know what kind of bikes they rent? I couldn't see a list of their fleet on their web page. They said that all of their bikes have front suspension and v-brakes? TrailAdvent - you said just the basic on the bikes...is Rotorua the kind of place that you don't need disc brakes and squish in the rear? Suggestions on a better shop? Any info ya'll can share is much appreciated.

Honestly Im not sure, you might be best to give the guy's at the Rotorua MTB club a call or email just get some feedback, I don't think you can go wrong but try to get the best experience you can especailly coming from so far away! Im a member even though I live in AK and theyre a great bunch of guy's and gals!

http://rotorua.mtbclub.org.nz/?page_id=10

As to bikes anything will be fine on most of the lower trails here's some more info that might help! Ideally I tend to ride a 5 or 6inch travel bike there as the best trails are further away from the carpark and a bit more demading so discs FS is nice to enjoy longer rides, but don't underestimate the lower ones at the Whakarewa they are awesome flowy and nice to warm up on or just get a good buzz, Planet do bikes from there, I would prefer a full sus and discs but anything goes well there the traction and conditons are awesome especially at that time of year!

http://www.apr.co.nz/aprconsultants/files/MTB_Rotorua.pdf

Next stop, Wellington for a few days - will definitely hit Makara Peak (with the help of Mud Cycles) if we have any legs left and aren't too beat up from New Year's Eve. We might check out those trails in the middle of town too :D

Sweet sounds good, Victoria Park in middle of town will allow ya to rest those legs Welly MTB area's have some big hills big hills good though. Mud guys should hook you up well.

We're doing the ferry crossing on the 2nd of Jan and are (hopefully) heading to Waterfall Bay (Port Ligar) for a couple of days. Not sure what the plans for this area are yet...

Sounds good not sure what the bike hire is like in this area once ya get into the less populated area's it can seem like ya isolated if ya not used to it, but its a stunning area very different to the North Island and the changes on ya trip south will be dramtaic enjoy!

Picton might be ya best option at the info center for finding out about kayak options mtb worth a paddle if ya like that sort of thing etc, ya land basically right beside it from the Ferry, its a nice we town to and the cicada's wil be in full noise by then a little gasshopper like insect you'll hear em, about the noisest thing down there:D

We are planning on hitting Central Otago next - Queenstown for some bungee jumping and more Mt. biking of course. I checked out the site for Vertigo Bikes and it looks really promising. I saw that they have have two guided tours: 1) The Heli-Bike, 2) The Gondola. Do ya'll think it's worth doing either of these or should we just rent bikes and have at it on our own?

There's so much there a guide would be good especailly the day tours below you'll tap into some nice stuff on your own but really these places will blow you away, Wanaka is 15mins away drive over the Cardona range road, locals will point it out to ya must go there its another totaly different place to Qtown and is awesome, come back the long way via Cromwell as drive wise it will also be well worth it all down the valley is the Dunstan lake and established vineyards as well as new ones! Definitley worth a drive for the day, tavelling time by car all up 1/12hrs so distance is not far the but country and riding is mind blowing, and wine tasting is as well:thumbsup:

http://www.fat-tyre.co.nz/ride.htm

Especially these rides are awesome well worth it imo!
http://www.fat-tyre.co.nz/ride.htm

Not sure how long we can spend in Central Otago, so not sure if we can hit up Wanaka or Alexandra...we are planning on being in St. Arnaud on the 8th (or 9th if we are having too much fun in Central Otago) for the wedding on the 10th. We might be able to spend more time this far south if we can find a train from Queenstown to Christchurch, but haven't been able to find one on the internet yet...still searching.

Awesome another great spot, ah no train from Qtown to Christchurch bus yes,or planes! unfortnatley trains long gone, though if you want a train experience while your in Qtown head around lake via Frankton, place you land by plane in Qtown and drive up the devils staircase along the lakeside to the southern end about 3/4h ours drive will take you to Kingston where the one of the last steam trains in NZ is doing little trips not sure how far I think to Lumsden and back called the Kingston Flyer and she all steam driven, its a hoot also great country scenery, a leg relief from the awesome riding you will have!

Finally, if our legs (and pocketbooks) can handle it we might try and sneak a ride in Christchurch before we head out on the 12th.

You won't be diapointed in doing so if short head up to port hills only hills close to CHCH so ya won't miss em any local shop in town should be able to help ya there or if "lostmypassword" chimes in he might be able to give yer more info!

So the for sure's are Rotorua and Queenstown for MTB and the like. Thanks so much for everbody's suggestions and input!

Definitley!!
When your done you will be buggered, and wish you had more time here its never enough but it will be stellar, the weddingwil go off as well knowing the Mainlanders [slang for the South Island or pig islanders lol, oh Im one just living North CO is home to me, enjoy best place on the Planet, and I may well be there on the lakes or hills somehere yeahaaaing so if ya hear tha it wil be me and me dog Maxxis:thumbsup:

Thanks again!

Paul and Summer
Enjoy, safe journey and bestfor wedding plans
ta

·
Registered
366 Posts
forgot to add... if you have a day (or 2) to spare in Picton, get dropped off at the start of the Queen charlotte track and bike the 50odd miles back to Picton!

so you may not be dissappointed if you have spare room bring your bikes, or at least shoes, pedals, helmet..

·
Registered
171 Posts
As trailadvent said, have a look at Fat Tyre in Queenstown as well as Vertigo, Greg is the man! Regarding the Vertigo tours, I believe all the gondola trails on skyline are accessible by riding up too, its not that big a climb and a heck of a lot cheaper! Heli biking around Queenstown is awesome though, highly reccommended. :thumbsup:

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
Here's some piccs to taste the temptation buds some more!

Yer gonna have a blast!

Here's a link to piccs allot of that region at the same time youre ove there, more folders to the left of other areas, like Wanaka etc!

I normally go down every year for 3-4 weeks, and don;t want to come back one day it will happen lol.

Bit of Alexandra area!

My choice of rig here 5inches is perfect but mnay ride HTs and 3-4inch bikes here, everywhere else most of on 6inch plus i noticed wierd within half hour people totally different bikes and setups!

This sits on a track called the S_ _ t track apty named for the toliet sitting on the rock you will knw why if ya get closer to the finish awesome singletrack, even if ya driving to Dunno's or Christchurch via the Pig route then this is a must do for a couple of hours before continuing the journey, although its a stunning drive up through the Lindis Pass through the McKenzie country and the most direct route to christchurch, definitely drive its about 7hrs from Qtown but worth the whole trip, or you could drive down that way and go back via the pig route do a loop that would be even better!

Wanaka

This out the back of Wanaka between Albert town and Hawea awesome riding all around here, Mark Wier did some rides when he was here earlier this year for brake burner!

Lake Hawea

Bit of Albert town the Sticky forest follows out the back of Wanaka and you can ride around beside the river very nice single track pretty easy just be wary of walkers its shared and come into nice trails like this one!

Wanaka "Sticky forest"

Freinds

Just some teasers enjoy!

·
Ugly Knees
40 Posts
can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...

You guys (and gals) are too awesome!!!!

I'm printing this thread so we don't miss out on any possibilities while we are there (I'm certain it will become a guidebook of sorts).

Thank you, thank you, thank you all sooooo much for taking the time to help us out. We are beyond excited. We leave in three months but I already can't sleep, just thinking about it.

I have to admit my excitement had been waxing and waning between the 18 days we stay in NZ versus the 6 days we're spending in Fiji on the way back to the US. Although my husband has always been way more excited over the MT biking in NZ than the relaxing in Fiji, after longing over pictures of turquoise water and white sand beaches I think I temporarily "forgot" what my "real" vacation was. Trailadvent - those pics you posted set me straight. What was I thinking??? Fijian beach better than NZ Mt. Biking? No way!!! I must have been temporarily insane...:eek:

I can't believe how beautiful NZ is! I hope you guys know how blessed you are to have a place like that to live and ride.

Thank you all again for your suggestions! Hope to see you on the NZ trails in 3 months time. :D

Summer

·
Ugly Knees
40 Posts
P.S. Why do they call it Rotovegas?

I'm assuming because it's because Rotorua is some sort of outdoor "adult playground" and not because there is slot machines...I'm leaving a whole city of em' and will probably puke if I find any in the big N. Z.

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
smudd said:
You guys (and gals) are too awesome!!!!

I'm printing this thread so we don't miss out on any possibilities while we are there (I'm certain it will become a guidebook of sorts).

Thank you, thank you, thank you all sooooo much for taking the time to help us out. We are beyond excited. We leave in three months but I already can't sleep, just thinking about it.

I have to admit my excitement had been waxing and waning between the 18 days we stay in NZ versus the 6 days we're spending in Fiji on the way back to the US. Although my husband has always been way more excited over the MT biking in NZ than the relaxing in Fiji, after longing over pictures of turquoise water and white sand beaches I think I temporarily "forgot" what my "real" vacation was. Trailadvent - those pics you posted set me straight. What was I thinking??? Fijian beach better than NZ Mt. Biking? No way!!! I must have been temporarily insane...:eek:

I can't believe how beautiful NZ is! I hope you guys know how blessed you are to have a place like that to live and ride.

Thank you all again for your suggestions! Hope to see you on the NZ trails in 3 months time. :D

Summer
Haha defintiely what were you thinking, bring ya bathing suits though the lakes down south though not Fiji warm are clear cool and very refreshing especially Lake Dunstan [Cromwell] its a low level lake and quite warm compared to Wanaka Hawea, oh Qtown is friggin frezzing its deep and glacial!

No worries on the piccs there just some soooooo much better in person so you'll be stoked if ya taken with them! ROto Vegas is a whole new world!

Ah RotoVegas - Roto I think cause its Rotorua and Vegas like [your Vegas] cause of the Jaffa's, ahh I'll let someone in kiwiland tell ya what that means [i know but its a bit uncooth and not very flattering to Aucklanders :D ]

Vegas cause all the Aucklanders head down there all the time for the lights and big shows, not that Rotorua is like that other than the touris buzz and a few good bars but its pretty relaxed and its the Tourist mecca of NZ other than Queenstown which is small in comparison but just as buzzy, funnny Qtown has a different type of buzz its very outdoorsy but the life with small population really rocks!

Rotorua being a Kiwi is very laid back and as many outdoor activities but at a relaxed pace, Qtown can be as relaxed or as full on as you want it, it has it all, except very few kiwi's compared to the OS people living working there and toruists! where as most OS people in Rotovegas are toruists! not residents though there are some no doubt just not on the same scale as Qtown,.

RotoV is very indigenous which is a good thing as well, they represent our history very well and are very warm and welcoming, oh there are always the few naughty people so do the usual things its not quite leave the car unlocked safe like the old days but pretty safe all the same especailly when plenty of others around, and Qtown couldn't get much safer except for the activities:D

Enjoy ya gonna have a blast hope to see ya's on the trail, youve got me stoked that youre both stoked!:thumbsup:

Little bit of Roto Vegas or Whakarewa Forest! Winter 07! Summer its hot very hot so no need for thermals, winter its like zero deg, you guys will b fine in shorts and short sleeves:thumbsup:

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
Hey LMP dam awesome piccs I really hope to ride some of those early nest year on my Southern road trip so if Im healed and well, Im PMIng ya for some guiding:thumbsup:

Oh and since ya had to out do me here's some more of Mavora lakes to Glenorchy through Mt Nicohlas Stn via Kinloch 115km by mtb AWESOME :thumbsup:

on the home straight to Glenorchy about 95km into the ride:rolleyes:
:D

Survived

smudds hope your are enjoying the picc overload!

When ya get to Qtown definitely save some time to drive up to Glenorchy theres a great bar resturant for dinner camp ground for cheap acc if needed, 40min from Qtown, and awesome cafe for lunch and coffee in summer it will be cooking, best Jet boat ride for scenery in the world they'll take you up the Dart and Rees Valley via JB to the heads of the river a wild ride better than the shot overjet imo which is also awesome too, but the scenery and wild wilderness will blow you away one of the last untouched places on earth a must do:thumbsup:

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
ilostmypassword said:
Hey :) WOW that looks like an awesome ride bro. When you get back here we should meet up for sure!

How are you mending up? coming along great i hope :)

I'm looking to get to Rotorura and surrounds this summer as well as Queenstown so it should be off the hook.

We are very lucky indeed to have such fantastic views eh?

:)
Haha yeah that wa a highlight that trip first one in Feb 07, Nathan Farvae organised that it was a beauty, 61/2 hrs on the bike though @ someithing like 19.5km/h av on a 5inch FS is not bad, the 3Ts Turners went like a dream, it was mind blowing day late twenties and early 30s Cel had lunch on the lake at one stage went for a dip to cool down so warm, lake not so warm, oure clear though!

Def meet up, I hope to be back on the bike come Xmas its slow but e getting there, I have ome nuro and head specialist help now and OT comes every week as well as phys twice a week so apparently ive been doing too much which is tirin me out affecting my sleep and pain levels so have to structure my day,, funny its the little things ya take for granted, OT says making a cup of tea with the brain damage Ive suffered takes energy from me she been observing me around hom and has made a list of my daily acivities and I have to slow down, we diary everything write a list of must dos each day, my drugs Im told are not a reason to do more or push harder but to get rest to let my condition recover faster! Sounds bad but its better much betterthan it was it just takes time, and HTFU dos not help, I told her I need to do that and she scowled at me told me thats typical male and will only impedemy recovery, but now I have that help it will be quicker so Im hopfully and brain is functioning better each week, I know at times I do too much as the pain in neck comes back pretty quick, PC not best for me either but Im all setup wih a special table keyboard back and neck support, I get around ok walk drive thoguh not supposed to but is a fact of life in rural NZ!

When ya up my way broyoure welcome anytime, hay to come down to vegas if Im riding and hook up AK is only 3hrs away and lots of good riding here very underated outside of Woodhill [woodpoo lol] and inbetween so always have a bed here and ride I have a couple of bikes so even if not with bike bring shoes helemt etc ya can take one of mine no probs!

De lucky with what we have I would love to go to Canada and the States to hook up with mtbr freinds etc but that will have to wait a year or so and with so much here from one end of the country tothe other itsso hard to leave, many here have no idea outsdie of there own town or city inNZ how diverse and different the riding is, we are truly in Gods own and he.she must be a Mountain biker not religous but thats as close as I can come:D

smudds definitely helped remind me of that so thanks guys, and hopefully if Im on the trails again with Maxxis be good to meet you guys with LMP in the Mainland which is truly heaven I live in the North but home is south its just unbeliveable country:thumbsup:

Maxxis my 4month old pup my no1 trail dog to be
https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=4921789&posted=1#post4921789

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lots of good info from the previous posters. If it's logistically possible, bring your bikes with you. Also, make sure you book ahead or you may have trouble finding affordable places to stay - or even getting on the ferry.

Driving tips
- no turns allowed on red lights
- really pay attention at round-abouts. They are the most difficult thing to get used to when driving on the other side of the road and they are everywhere!

Check your PM.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.