Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mountain biking near Howe's caverns

1651 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  qdawgg
Any trail systems near the caves?
We are going in late August and are intermediate level 60 yr olds.
We will have a couple of days in the area.
Thanks
Jeff
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Where are you coming from and how close is "near". Thatcher Park has a trail system that isn't too difficult. It's within 40 minutes of Howe's Cavern.
Coming down/over from Maine.
Staying at the Twin oaks campground.
Thanks for the info.
Thanks for the info.
I haven't been on this board in a long time so I just saw this. I live right near Twin Oaks, my daughter's daycare is actually on that road. If you ever end up there again send me a PM. Not sure where you ended up riding but Elm Ridge would have been the closest and by far best trail system to ride. Charleston is further and is terrible, not much of a trail system for bikes.

The area easily has 100+ miles of gravel and I"m being conservative. So if you have a gravel bike that's your best bet for an out the door ride from the campground. But 35 mins puts you at Elm ridge in Windham and 25 - 30 miles of singletrack.

What did you end up doing for a ride?
Thanks for the info.
I haven't been on this board in a long time so I just saw this. I live right near Twin Oaks, my daughter's daycare is actually on that road. If you ever end up there again send me a PM. Not sure where you ended up riding but Elm Ridge would have been the closest and by far best trail system to ride. Charleston is further and is terrible, not much of a trail system for bikes.

The area easily has 100+ miles of gravel and I"m being conservative. So if you have a gravel bike that's your best bet for an out the door ride from the campground. But 35 mins puts you at Elm ridge in Windham and 25 - 30 miles of singletrack.

What did you end up doing for a ride?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.