Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen a post about this yet so here goes.....

Has anyone seen the newest Ford Explorer commercial yet? I saw it last night for the first time. It definitely got my attention. Especially the ending! Those mountain bikers are some extreme people ;) A possible danger to others not even on the trails! At least that's what non-MTBrs might come away with.

Ford's website has links to it's current commercials but I don't see this new one on there yet or I would post a link. If someone else finds the link, please post it up for us.

Now go ride!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tlg said:
Is that the one where the guy ditches and the bike goes off the cliff and lands right in the road?
That's the one. What did you think? The trail riding shots caught my attention because they were longer than the usual commercial clips of bikes on trails (like the current KIA? commercial). But the ending was a little "out there". I want to see it again.

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
Scubee said:
That's the one. What did you think? The trail riding shots caught my attention because they were longer than the usual commercial clips of bikes on trails (like the current KIA? commercial). But the ending was a little "out there". I want to see it again.
I thought "Sh!t, why couldn't they use a huffy and give me that bike". 99% of the viewers wouldn't have known the difference.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
There's this other one.....

Three guys are biking a trail in the woods, only one of them doesn't have a bike. He is wearing all the gear, the clothes, hydration back pack and he's holding his arms out like they're on handlebars. The other two guys are pedaling along as normal. I don't remember what they are advertising.

·
nobody
490 Posts
That's funny

Zomby Woof (MCM700) said:
Three guys are biking a trail in the woods, only one of them doesn't have a bike. He is wearing all the gear, the clothes, hydration back pack and he's holding his arms out like they're on handlebars. The other two guys are pedaling along as normal. I don't remember what they are advertising.
I saw this one too and really liked it but for the life of me I don't know what they were selling. Pretty effective ad, eh?

·
Sharp rocks hurt...
276 Posts
I havn't seen the new ford one. I watched that one with the 3 guys though. I think they were selling credit cards. I saw another one with some freeriders taking some little drops. I think it was for a car, but I cant recall...

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
It was for a Citibank reward program...

art_vandelay said:
I saw this one too and really liked it but for the life of me I don't know what they were selling. Pretty effective ad, eh?
Funny thing is that the bike they showed the two guys riding were high end long travel bikes. But the bike they show for the reward card is a entry level Trek hybrid bike.

·
I didn't do it
9,465 Posts
This commercial for the Mitsubishi Outlander is pretty cool. I've seen it on several different channels and programs, none of which would necessarily cater to the outdoorsy mountain bike crowd.

·
I didn't do it
9,465 Posts
Isn't there a mountain biker featured in an ad for erectile dysfunction?
I don't believe I've seen that one. It must go something like this: before ED drug, dude is celibate and unmotivated. After taking the ED drug he's humping his days away and riding his bike. I'd buy that. :lol:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I know this isn't a commercial but in VHS 2 a mountain biker filming his ride with a GoPro stops to help this chick and then gets ambushed by some zombies and gets eaten. Pretty gnarly.

·
I didn't do it
9,465 Posts
Nice find SD. I don't remember that one specifically but I do recognize the tag line about the candy size. An ED commercial with a mountain biker could have high comedic potential. Anything can happen though. For example Depends has a series of commercials with actors and sports figures appearing as cameos. At first it was weird but now I think its pretty funny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.