Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. What else would you like to see in it. As a Kindle book when I make updates everyone that has it should get the updates for free. I plan to add more from time to time.
Updates are fine. I expected to find more information than is available online through a google search. I'll use the Pensacola as an example because that's pretty much why I bought the book. I wanted to know what was in the panhandle. There's 2 sentences about the trails and 3 about the food and beer. Nothing about the trailhead location, hours, who to talk to about it, type of trails, etc.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Updates are fine. I expected to find more information than is available online through a google search. I'll use the Pensacola as an example because that's pretty much why I bought the book. I wanted to know what was in the panhandle. There's 2 sentences about the trails and 3 about the food and beer. Nothing about the trailhead location, hours, who to talk to about it, type of trails, etc.
Thank you for the feedback. Admittedly I have not ridden much west of Tallahassee so it is not as thorough as some other areas, and I will be investigating it further and adding updates this fall. I had not really thought about who to talk to. This of course would be whoever maintains the trails and/or local riding groups. This is something I will have to research and add to all the riding areas in future updates.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I first read your post, I assumed you were from the area, I see now you are in California and thinking about moving. While I plan on doing more research and riding in the Panhandle and putting updates in the book, there aren't as many trails in the far west of the Panhandle as many other places in Florida. Even Tallahassee, Eastern Panhandle, has more trails and a longer section in the book than where you mentioned.

Probably the two best places, with the most trails, and serious trail groups would be: East of Tampa in the Alafia River area (groups there are Swamp, and Friends of Alafia), and Ocala area and the Santos trail system (main group there is OMBA). Both of those areas have a much larger presence in the book.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I first read your post, I assumed you were from the area, I see now you are in California and thinking about moving. While I plan on doing more research and riding in the Panhandle and putting updates in the book, there aren't as many trails in the far west of the Panhandle as many other places in Florida. Even Tallahassee, Eastern Panhandle, has more trails and a longer section in the book than where you mentioned.

Probably the two best places, with the most trails, and serious trail groups would be: East of Tampa in the Alafia River area (groups there are Swamp, and Friends of Alafia), and Ocala area and the Santos trail system (main group there is OMBA). Both of those areas have a much larger presence in the book.
Thank you for the information. Hopefully I'll find some good trails out there. If I get pictures or info, would you want to include it in your updates?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.