Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas,

just wondering if you can use a mountain bike on one of those little tripod trainers or use the rollers? if so which is better, roller or the little tripod thing.thanks:confused:

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
I used my hardtail on a minoura maglite trainer I got through performance bike and it worked well, I threw a slick on the rear tire for it though because it eats tires worse than pavement.

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
I agree fully...a MTB will work on a trainer, but a slick is the way to go. You'll rattle pictures off the walls or fillings out of your mouth eventually if you're riding knobbies on a trainer (though it can be done....it is just really loud and annoying).

If you're looking at rollers, slicks front and back is what I'd suggest.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Psycho Mike said:
I agree fully...a MTB will work on a trainer, but a slick is the way to go. You'll rattle pictures off the walls or fillings out of your mouth eventually if you're riding knobbies on a trainer (though it can be done....it is just really loud and annoying).

If you're looking at rollers, slicks front and back is what I'd suggest.
But.............all that vibrating does feel pretty good on your crotch! ;)

No wonder my GF was insisting on a knobby for the trainer.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.