Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background info: Anemone Hill is just south of Mt. Sanitas. The ridge runs all the way to 4mile Canyon to the West, and would allow access to Betasso, Logan Mill, Sugarloaf, Gold Hill, Switzerland trail. Good stuff. The Boulder Open Space Board of Trustees recently voted to recommend a trail there, and now it's up to us to make sure the city council makes it happen.

Some background:

Daily Camera article about a less-awesome staff proposal (but still more awesome than nothing)

Boulder Mountainbike Alliance info.

So, what can you do?

1. Come down to the BMA Membership party tonight! Join up and get some schwag, renew your existing membership (or join for the first time), and drink beer with other mountain bikers. TONIGHT, 6pm, at Full Cycle on Pearl.

2. Come make your voice heard and your presence felt at the October 25th City Council meeting where this will be discussed. It's at 6pm, at the Municipal building, 1777 Broadway. If you're interested in meeting up beforehand for a drink at the Mountain Sun, you can join me for that (beer on me if you come to the meeting!) too around 5pm.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hopefully the city council sees there folly from the last go around and opens up some real trail this time. I'll be there to give a positive spin again.

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CC meeting *tomorrow*

Just bumping to remind everyone. A good turnout is going to be essential. And the weather is going to suck anyway, so you've got time. If you don't show up, I better not hear you complain about not having enough to ride around Boulder...

-Walt

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bumping this up. I can't attend but just sent an email to City Council. Thanks in advance to those who do attend, this is an important opportunity that seems to have flown a bit under the radar compared to the West TSA issues last year.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,906 Posts
This is even worse than Cowles (from the camera article):

Mayor Susan Osborne, who voted "no" on mountain bike access to an Anemone Hill loop, wrote an e-mail to Stokes earlier this week saying, "I am really done with the whiney and spoiled and, frankly, erroneous fiction you guys tell yourselves. You do not help your cause."

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,461 Posts
I don't know how Boulder residents tolerate this intolerant $hit.

Equestrians allowed? Let's stop talking about trail impact, then.
Dogs allowed? Let's stop talking about wildlife impact, then.

What's that leave? Council doesn't want to share the trails with bikers. That's a load of horse$hit. What were their excuses for voting this down?

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts

Mayor Susan Osborne, who voted "no" on mountain bike access to an Anemone Hill loop, wrote an e-mail to Stokes earlier this week saying, "I am really done with the whiney and spoiled and, frankly, erroneous fiction you guys tell yourselves. You do not help your cause."
No kidding on that one.

As a reminder, if anyone in Boulder chooses to send emails to the council on this or any other decision or view they might have, please don't stoop the the new level they are bringing this to--be professional and courteous. Hopefully they are getting overwhelmed by the cycling community and if they are, the squeaky wheel might get the oil eventually. I know for sure BMA is going to keep the pressure on them for the long term. There are a lot of other things in the pipeline so a small loss here that gives the council a black eye might help a big win later. Also, ballots are out so if you are in Boulder, time to vote.

·
Registered
464 Posts
having an old-fashioned attractiveness or charm; oddly picturesque: a quaint old house.
strange, peculiar, or unusual in an interesting, pleasing, or amusing way: a quaint sense of humor.
skillfully or cleverly made.
Obsolete. wise; skilled.

Please explain since we can't all be as smart as you are.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts

I couldn't stomach the council person who said "mountain bikers aren't the problem..." and "I don't want anyone up there" and then went on to propose the substitute motion to allow every user group (hikers, equestrians, dogs, etc) EXCEPT mountain bikers.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
I hope BMA focuses their resources elsewhere. Boulder is ****tarded with regards to mountain bike access.
:eekster:

I guess Boulder Mountain Bike Alliance should fight for Golden trails..or something like that?:madman:

Think about the point of having a group to fight for trail access in a community and what their job is. It's not just about the hot chicks and beer every week. That stuff just happens because the BMA crew are so damn sexxay.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.