Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
lol...looks like he recanted in comment #5.

·
Shut up and ride
1,157 Posts
looks like Alan banned me from replying at tu.com so I'll share my thoughts here

Alan: "Anyway, I’m glad everyone responded — I had no idea that this was a sore point among cyclists"

It may not be shocking that mountain bikers are drunks.
It may not be shocking that mountain bikers are criminals.
It may not be shocking that mountain bikers are dumb.
It may not be shocking that mountain bikers hit their girlfriends.

It does not matter to me which one you used - pot smoking is not the real issue, the issue is that it's 100% wrong for you to make a blanket negative and incorrect statement about all Mountain bikers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
douglas said:
looks like Alan banned me from replying at tu.com so I'll share my thoughts here

Alan: "Anyway, I’m glad everyone responded — I had no idea that this was a sore point among cyclists"

It does not matter to me which one you used - pot smoking is not the real issue, the issue is that it's 100% wrong for you to make a blanket negative and incorrect statement about all Mountain bikers.
My thoughts exactly - its NOT a sore point. Its his blanket statement and even more baffling his defense of it even after being corrected.

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
I definitely smoke pot here and there, but yeah blanket statements as douglas put it are generally offensive. Its akin to saying (Not my beliefs at all here btw) All Asians are bad drivers, all Americans are greedy, all Jewish people are stingy etc...

·
Registered
5 Posts
No pot here! Cheech you got any pot? What about you Chong? Alans a freakin DuecheBag That article is in line with all the rest of his articles weak, un-researched and far fetched.

It also must mean that all olympic gold medalists are pot heads too!

·
industry employee
290 Posts
Aren't we being a little too sensitive (or rather, paranoid?).
He didn't say 'all' mountain bikers, thus the implication would be 'some' do.....simple logic.
Ride More / Complain Less.

·
Northeastern Rider
762 Posts
Missy was wrong. Many others have been wrong, myself included. Does it make us bad people, in most cases, NO.

The blanket statement was just plain poor writing and editing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
douglas said:

Now THAT is funny! Have you ever read the comments in the politics section of the Times Union? People are calling each other scum, I mean...come on! Dougie- BANNED! Lord, that is RICH!

·
Glass Breaker
131 Posts
"Drug trafficking can lead you downhill fast," DEA Special Agent in Charge John P. Gilbride to said in a news release.

Best quote in the full article.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Several years ago on my first trip to Jim Thorpe, PA, a riding buddy and I hired a trail guide from a local bike shop to show us around the local X/C trails.

The guide was in excellent shape and started us off on a few challenging climbs. When both of us began huffing and puffing and slowing down, the guide stopped at a scenic overlook and admitted to us that he was told by the shop that we were experts, which he now saw we clearly weren't.

At that he pulled out a bag of pot and said, "I hope you don't mind, but now that I see your skill is not what I was expecting, I am going to light up. Want some?" After laughing for a bit we politely declined, since it really wasn't our thing and because we needed all we could muster to keep up with him.

·
Nervous Descender
717 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts