Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Papa Pump
9 Posts
If that would have been me..... there would have been two movements....the first would have been a bowel movement, the second movement would be my legs going in the opposite direction of the rattlesnake! :yikes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I fail to see the point of it really, I tend to leave nature alone as much as possible, I think the most i'd do is put the bike between myself and the snake to get a pic of it, although it would be cool if it was a diamond back and I could get my bike in the pic too :p

Then again the only poisonous snake we have in the wild are little adders and i've not seen one in over 20 years

·
Let There Be Dirt
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These snakes are beautiful creatures

This portion of the trail runs right through private open space in a residential neighborhood. Not only was the snake in a high probability of getting run over by a descending biker, but the trail is frequented by families hiking with dogs and small kids.

There are people in the neighborhood who's knee jerk reaction is to kill these 'critters' on sight (illegal in Colorado, I believe). Every time I see these guys stationary, in the middle of the trail, I try and run them off to safer ground ( for us and them).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.