Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Be aware. Crazy things out there. This is not normal.

Mountain biker shot in hand and has bike stolen at Lake Hodges.

San Diego Police Department
Advisory: Watch Commander's Log

Begin Date/Time: 08/05/2019 08:11 PM

Neighborhood: San Pasqual
Inc Type: ROBBERY

Synopsis: A 37 year old male was riding his bicycle eastbound on the bike path under I-15 when a male suspect, jumped out from behind the rocks. The suspect pointed a handgun at the victim and demanded his bike. The victim raised his hands and the suspect shot four times at the victim, striking the victim once in the hand. The victim jumped off his bike and ran the way he came. The suspect rode off in an unknown direction. The victim was transported to the hospital for his injury. The suspect was described as an unknown race male, 6'2", thin and wearing all black clothing. SDPD's Robbery detectives were notified.

Contact SDPD if you have any info.

#nowords #ridesafe

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
12,227 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

My wife always hated riding under that bridge.... now I will never get her to ride at Hodges with me.....

I really hope the man who was shot is okay and the Thief is caught soon.

Just horrible!

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Banned
10,330 Posts
In Portland bikers on the Springwater trail are assaulted, raped, stabbed, kidnapped and raped, shot, & killed on a regular basis. I think the solution is providing yet more services to enable yet more crack heads. In Portland if you squat in the same spot for x-amount of days you can sit in on that neighborhoods/townships/counties council and your vote counts. You can't make this **** up.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
12,227 Posts
In Portland bikers on the Springwater trail are assaulted, raped, stabbed, kidnapped and raped, shot, & killed on a regular basis. I think the solution is providing yet more services to enable yet more crack heads. In Portland if you squat in the same spot for x-amount of days you can sit in on that neighborhoods/townships/counties council and your vote counts. You can't make this **** up.
Without links to articles with actual statistics to back up the term "regular basis" you are making that up.

·
Banned
10,330 Posts
Without links to articles with actual statistics to back up the term "regular basis" you are making that up.
Yeah, there's some range in semantics there, maybe I should of said with alarming frequency. Accurately would be to state everytime I turn on the news. The latest to memory that stands out is a crack head that randomly hit a citizen in the head several times with a hammer. The best part is he already attacked another person in the head with a hammer, was arrested and jailed but in someone's infinite wisdom was set free to do it again.
I've personally been using the Springwater trail for many years, it currently resembles something out of a post apocalyptic film, seriously.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damn that sucks! Glad the biker got away and hope he's ok. Too bad we cant just carry a small pistol on us without applying for a concealed carry permit and waiting forever. I'm sure many of us ride alone quite often in remote areas and crazy **** can happen. Stay safe out there peeps!

·
Ride lots...
896 Posts
Too bad we cant just carry a small pistol on us without applying for a concealed carry permit and waiting forever.
You are not going to get one in San Diego county. Not a chance. Sheriff Gore will not issue them. California is a "May issue" state and it doesn't happen in San Diego unless you are a FOB: Friend of Bill (Gore), and/or are rich and make a hefty donation to his next re-election campaign.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Damn that sucks! Glad the biker got away and hope he's ok. Too bad we cant just carry a small pistol on us without applying for a concealed carry permit and waiting forever. I'm sure many of us ride alone quite often in remote areas and crazy **** can happen. Stay safe out there peeps!
What are you going to do? Pretend you are Dirty Harry and draw on someone who already has you in his sights? In this case, before he would have even had the opportunity to reach for his gun, he would have been shot. Now perhaps you either would have been dead with the bad guy getting a new gun AND your bike, or the same damn outcome.

This isn't a fvcking video game or movie.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

My wife always hated riding under that bridge.... now I will never get her to ride at Hodges with me.....

Just horrible!
Yes, my future wife is downstairs... Do I tell her?! That's crazy because that corridor is used by so many people. On any day at any time it's hard to make it from the street to the base of the walking bridge without seeing at least a couple people, especially in summer

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

Just horrible!
Also, I was just googling, and USA Today used your post in their article . I hope they got your permission.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
12,227 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.