Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to former mountain bike racer Rasmussen's solo breakaway victory, former mountain bike racer and erstwhile maillot jaune bearer Landis had this to say to Cycling News about his [email protected] day today:

Q: What do you do to deal with this at this point?

FL: Er... I don't know... drink some beers! (laughs) That's what I'm thinking about now!

God love Landis. The guy cracks in spectacular fashion, likely losing the Tour (with probably no chance of being able to do it again after his impending hip-replacement surgery) and he wants to do nothing but drink beer. Test that guy for doping with Schlitz!! :thumbsup:

·
2,856 Posts
Earthpig said:
In addition to former mountain bike racer Rasmussen's solo breakaway victory, former mountain bike racer and erstwhile maillot jaune bearer Landis had this to say to Cycling News about his [email protected] day today:

FL: Er... I don't know... drink some beers! (laughs) That's what I'm thinking about now!

God love Landis. The guy cracks in spectacular fashion, likely losing the Tour (with probably no chance of being able to do it again after his impending hip-replacement surgery) and he wants to do nothing but drink beer. Test that guy for doping with Schlitz!! :thumbsup:
I love his attitude. I was really bummed today when he cracked. He sure gave it a go though. Good job Floyd!!! Enjoy that beer.

Ed E

·
2,856 Posts
Earthpig said:
Yeah, check out this photo of Floyd, in full suffering mode, with some yahoo wearing nothing but a garter, a tan and smile behind him. Classic! (Too bad it wasn't a chick.)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour0616/32
Although!!! It seems Floyd is feeling much better today. Go Floyd!!!! Man it would be awesome if he could pull it off but that's a tall order and it's early. Not sure how much help he'll have. Maybe that beer inspired him last night :thumbsup:

Ed E

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Don't forget about Cadel! He's done nothing spectacular this Tour, but always hovering in the top 10 of the GC, climbing up the ranks slowly. Moving up a position every day or two ...

Kn.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What an amazing ride by Floyd today. Who could recover like that after blowing up so badly yesterday? In the first ITT he bested Sastre by 1:10 and Pereiro by 1:30 and that was with a puncture! I think my usual Saturday AM mountain bike ride will have to get pushed back this weekend....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Earthpig said:

From onltv.com's online coverage of the stage today.

15:58:10 - Yellow Jersey For A Six-Pack Of Beer...

After Floyd Landis regained the lead of the Tour de France at the top of L'Alpe d'Huez he decided that he wanted a beer to celebrate the moment. On the road down to his hotel, his team car pulled over and the American traded a yellow jersey for a six-pack of beer with a spectator.

Yes love the attitude! Just hope it wasn't bad beer that caused the meltdown.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Someone asked him what was up with all the water today.. he said maybe it was the beer he'd had the night before ;) So, I guess he did have one after his bad day.

Awesome ride today, though. Remind me of that the next time I'm suffering on a climb and want to walk.

·
Registered
457 Posts
NPR interviewed him after the stage today and one of the questions led to beer. Floyd said that he would have one and the interviewer asked "only one?". Floyd replied something like 'after riding all day and not having any for a long time that's all it takes.' (not a direct quote) At the end of the interview the interviewer told Floyd to "enjoy that beer" to which he replied "oh I will" in such a way that I laughed. I could here the excitement in his voice. What a great race.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Floyd &%#^ing Landis, posterboy for the most exciting tour of the last decade. A mountain biker who has made Tour history, and likely one of the most amazing comebacks in any sport of the last century. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.