Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some mountain bike racing action on DVD.

I don't care for or want the downhill or cliff jumping crazy stuff DVDs.

Looking for actual, normal XC mountain bike racing action coverage of world or national pro's.

Any dvd like this exist? thanks.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Gestev has DVD's available of the 2006 Mont Saint Anne World Cup XC races, which captures that absolutely terrific win of Marie-Helene Premont over Gunn-Rita Dahle in the Women's race. They have the men's XC race as well. They're in English and French. They're $15.00 CDN + shipping. You can email them for more info.

http://www.velirium.com/index-en.html

[email protected]

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Just bought the Athens DVD. Hope its good. It wasn't for rent anywhere so I end up buying it.

The Velirium looks like its got lots of trick/stunt stuff which I'm not interested at all in, but thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you like old school stuff...

Tread and Retread are kinda fun to watch, although the hans rey/H-ball dialogue might make you cringe. Some good XC stuff.

I know it's not recent, but fun none-the-less. They are usually available on Amazon.

TCN

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
How about these...

Destroy said:
Looking for some mountain bike racing action on DVD.

I don't care for or want the downhill or cliff jumping crazy stuff DVDs.

Looking for actual, normal XC mountain bike racing action coverage of world or national pro's.

Any dvd like this exist? thanks.
I started doing this last summer for local participants at races. Race laps via helmetcam. Breaks up the monotany on the trainer when accompanied by some good tunes.

http://www.cadencexc.com

Neil

·
Registered
497 Posts
dvd's

I think if you got grannygear.com they have some dvd's for sale from many of the 24 hours races they've held. I've seen some and they get a little boring unless you rode in an actual event. Cant go wrong with The Collective which personally is my all time favorite. Soundtrack is quite good as well. Roam is ok but I think Collective is better.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to follow up. Movie came in and I watched it, here's my mini review.

Very well done movie. Good music to the action. Nice comprehensive documentary on all the trials and tribulations of the battle for Olympic hopes.

Was too heavy on the personal interviews and very lacking in following the actual race action.

If you're looking for a racing movie, this isn't it. This is much more of a adventure/interview movie than race movie.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you are refering to "Off Road To Athens" I agree with you, I was expecting much more trail action and less personal points of view about the whole thing.
I'm also looking for a good Xc riding/scenery/skills dvd.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
it's nice to know a couple others agree. When I finally bought it after all the glowing acollades, I was severely disapponted---too much the same old stuff (point of view interview) the entire time.

Destroy said:
Just wanted to follow up. Movie came in and I watched it, here's my mini review.

Very well done movie. Good music to the action. Nice comprehensive documentary on all the trials and tribulations of the battle for Olympic hopes.

Was too heavy on the personal interviews and very lacking in following the actual race action.

If you're looking for a racing movie, this isn't it. This is much more of a adventure/interview movie than race movie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.