Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where you tell me what accessories you have are a must. Fill my camelback, cloth me, tell me what I need. ,

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,424 Posts
Got the cameback already there. Add a multitool and energy bars to start with (and tubes).

·
Registered
524 Posts
I highly recommend carrying a multitool with at least a 4mm and 5mm allen wrench.
Tire levers if your tires are difficult to remove.
Tube (at least one)
chain breaker
Quick connect link compatible with your chain.
a snack
water
needle and thread/fishing line (for slashed sidewalls/skin)
basic first aid kit.

That's pretty much the basics.

·
Bikes are good
855 Posts
Good cargo/biking type shorts. Shorts you can hold stuff in, ride comfortably in. Wickable shirts (not matching bright color roadie type clothes though. There are enough of them in the world.) Full fingered gloves, clipless pedals and shoes that can hike okay.

·
Registered
524 Posts
ah yes, a pump is definitely a good idea too...forgot to add that.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Lots of good suggestions already. Here are some I don't see yet: bandages, lighter or matches, zip ties, patch kit, small towel, latex gloves...

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,424 Posts
Lots of good suggestions already. Here are some I don't see yet: bandages, lighter or matches, zip ties, patch kit, small towel, latex gloves...
Latex gloves?
Maybe add "the kitchen sink" while we're at it.

Guess it kind of depends what kind of ride your going on. Epic back packing/all mountain ride or quick ride close to the car.

Reactions: kickhorse

·
Registered
538 Posts
for the size and cost of them it's worth sticking in one of those foil blanket things. If you come off and break a bone etc and need to wait for rescue it could prove its worth.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Latex gloves?
Maybe add "the kitchen sink" while we're at it.

Guess it kind of depends what kind of ride your going on. Epic back packing/all mountain ride or quick ride close to the car.
Lol!!! Yeah, I've had a few rides where chain repair was necessary and after being done, wish I had some disposable gloves. Also, the gloves come in handy if you come across someone that might need first aid. Very light to carry in the pack so I put a couple pairs in there.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
A pair of Nitrile gloves weighs what?

Also, a ziplock baggie w/ some TP. Again, the weight TP vs needles and twigs dragged across some pretty soft body parts...your call.

Reactions: phsycle

·
beater
5,943 Posts
Sure, it varies with what kind of ride. I have two packs- little one for around town, and a big one for backcountry rides. I usually have half a raft patch (great boot material), zip ties and a micro roll of duct tape or gorilla tape. I've helped a friend attach a broken brake lever, and that was what it took. If I'm really out in the weeds, I'll bring an adjustable crescent wrench. In addition to wrench use, you can straighten a bent rotor with it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Lol!!! Yeah, I've had a few rides where chain repair was necessary and after being done, wish I had some disposable gloves. Also, the gloves come in handy if you come across someone that might need first aid. Very light to carry in the pack so I put a couple pairs in there.
Yep, everyone hates to get their hands dirty. Also, hide finger prints if you want to rape and murder anyone on the trail. An absolute must have. lol :thumbsup:

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,424 Posts
Yep, everyone hates to get their hands dirty. Also, hide finger prints if you want to rape and murder anyone on the trail. An absolute must have. lol :thumbsup:
This is why us mountain bikers don't get much love sometimes in some areas!
You forgot to add a black ski mask so they can't indentify you! lol

Reactions: Katz
1 - 20 of 51 Posts