Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I bike, I brew
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- Ran into Kortny out at the 24HOP last weekend, and she's conducting a MTB injury survey... she she braved the weather all day Saturday, I thought it wouldn't be so hard for us to help her out with her data collection:

ATTENTION MOUNTAIN BIKERS:​

Your help is needed !!!

The Northern Arizona University Department of Physical Therapy is conducting a research study in an attempt to determine how various riding conditions and cycling equipment influence the development of overuse injuries. Riders of various ages and skill levels are needed. Participation involves completing an online survey, which will take approximately 10-20 minutes of your time. No identifying information will be collected and all responses are kept completely confidential.

Regardless of whether you ride recreationally or competitively, full suspension or hard tail, single speed or multiple gears your responses may be valuable for shaping the future of mountain biking !!!

To access this survey, simply click on the following URL:

http://www5.nau.edu/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=m4M2664

If you experience difficulty with this link or have questions about this project please send an email to:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your participation !!!

·
I bike, I brew
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great to see so many responding... and yes, *do* pass this on to other forums/mtb networks you participate in. (FYI - this has already been posted to SDMB, RideAZ, and TucsonMTB.com - duplication not necessary in those places).

Noted - Tucson is *not* one of the location options (end of survey) - just click "other" and type in (possibly attributed to higher altitude cerebral flatulence ;-).

I inquired about the availability of the results post-analysis... haven't gotten a reply - but hopefully this will come available. If you have other injuries not included (i.e. ribs), use the e-mails at the bottom of the form - send them the info, and I'm sure they would appreciate including the data. :)

it's cool to see the MTB community come together on this!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.