Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some references to biking in Sunapee state park or around the mountain. I'm not sure if the lake solitude trail is bike-able, or if there's other trail networks around the immediate area - the ski mountain seems like theyre not encouraging bike development, but might not be moving against it either. Anyone know more? plan on riding there in the summer?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I work at Sunapee in the winters.

I think there's stuff around the mountain. I have not ridden there yet but plan to explore this summer.

I know this is super rumor-y but I think the resort may have interest in developing lift accessed terrain and/or a XC network. This is pure locker room gossip so take it for what its worth. I think some lift-accessed stuff would be perfect - its considered a "blue" mountain, None of the trails are particularly steep, which in my mind equals fun, flowy downhill runs that could be done on a wide variety of travel.

Management has been very, very pro-spring/summer activity development. They're very proud of their disc-golf course, which is apparently one of the best in New England. The adventure park/zip line course also did really well last summer. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened for us mtn bikers in the next couple years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bear99, I totally agree and that is great to hear! I live in Grantham a short drive away so if you'd like to go for a ride in a couple weeks when the trails dry out a bit just let me know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts