Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thought a while ago and I just haven't been able to shake it.

I also don't think there is a correct answer either.

But what do you think the Mount Everest of mountain biking is?

Every person has a different answer. What's yours?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
It keeps changing. Years ago it was a series of moderately technical short climbs that I now routinely clean. Now its a twisty, rocky, narrow climb in a riding area near my house. It's always that next obstacle that's beyond your skills and lungs until it's not.

·
High Desert MTBer
5,468 Posts
I think that climbing Everest, altho the experience has been somewhat diluted over the years with overuse, is to attempt something insanely difficult that requires a huge, almost foolhardy, effort to achieve. Anything that gives you that feeling on an MTB is your personal Everest.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Moab is the Everest of mountain biking. Both are crowded and loaded with plonkers. There are many other places where the challenge is greater and the rewards are more numerous. Both create look-at-me opportunities for some serious ego-stroking.

·
Registered
199 Posts
TwistedCrank said:
Moab is the Everest of mountain biking. Both are crowded and loaded with plonkers. There are many other places where the challenge is greater and the rewards are more numerous. Both create look-at-me opportunities for some serious ego-stroking.
This may be true, but to climb Everest is a significant accomplishment whether you've paid someone to guide you or not. The death zone is no place for a tourist, no matter how well-heeled they are.

This year my personal Everest is getting my fat, unfit 37yo carcass in shape and completing the Tour de Timor :thumbsup:

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
tshulthise said:
Ride the Divide... the world's toughest mountain bike race, which traverses over 2700 miles along the Continental Divide in the Rocky Mountains.

http://www.ridethedividemovie.com/ (movie trailer is pretty good)

The moving is great. You have to love the sport to even attempt this ride.
Yup its my Everest for sure!

4 attempts gonna give her another go south to north this year

http://tourdivide.org/

·
Registered
470 Posts
I never thought about it until i read this thread. I suppose thats why i dont like biking anymore, theres nothing thats too hard for me now. I can clean everything at my local trails. I guess i have to start trying new trails.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.