Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I suppose this is what we have to deal with when the trails aren't governed like Bootleg or Cottonwood. The guys on dirtbikes probably don't even know that they were built by mountain bikers, for mountain bikers.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Agreed. Now kids on pit bikes would probably have a blast on that trail but even for them they will tire quickly of the lack of high speed areas. I do admit there are times when I'm riding my mtn bike and thinking this trail would be amazing on my YZ250.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
People are definitely still riding moto's out there on BBT, particularly the more southern sections (e.g., Your Mom) . . . the damage they're causing is readily apparent. I worry about the new sections being built (which are great BTW).

There's also a LOT of people cutting trail . . . lots of little go-arounds for some of the larger tech features. Pisses me off when people do this. If you can't ride a feature - YOU WALK IT. DON'T GO AROUND IT.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I like rocks because they are safer. The fencing would definitely do the trick, but people eat it on technical sections all the time. I would hate to see someone injured by an illegal trail modification I made.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

·
\m/ \m/
368 Posts
I was thinking this would do the trick in that one section after Little Loop that some people short cut. The fense would be 10+ feet away from the trail on both sides.

·
Registered
625 Posts
NO FENCES.......just keep piling rocks and if you see someone cutting it say something to them.
I was at BFR couple weeks ago and they were bypassing it again so I was replacing the rocks, again!
As I'm doing so a few people came through and the look on one guys face was priceless when he looked up to see me standing there, holding a large watermelon size rock in his way as he tries to not fall, and rejoin the trail! It was great!!! Then to hear his buddy, who rode the rock, tell him "I told you not to"
I had to chuckle out loud. Kinda cool as it was my first ride back, first mile, on dirt in 4 months. It was like the world had just continued on in my absence.

Moral of the story: lazy people will get off to move a couple rocks to make it easier, we have to be willing to move 20 rocks to replace them.
How do you think that wall got so long in that spot. Because we have been willing to out "work" THEM. STAY THE COURSE! !!

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
This is the section. If not a fense something bigger needs to be done, like a bigger walls.
I didn't even realize that was a cut . . . I thought that was the original trail. I apparently like the original route, though there's even a cut no appearing on this section as well that goes around the first big(ger) tech climb. I'm going to start piling up rocks.

There are a couple other spots too . . . some of which make no sense to me; one also looks like they've dug in a jump?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.