Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheriff and Rangers out in force today looking for a couple of rougue dirt riders at Skeggs. I did not see or hear them, but we were warned upon entering by a ranger at CM05. I saw their tracks on Giant Salamander and didn't get pissed off until I saw how they tore up the new trail.

Passed an mtb'r a few weeks ago on Virginia Mill who also warned me of dirt riders poaching the trails that day. I did hear them, but never saw them. Probably the same guys.

MESSAGE TO MOTORCYCLE RIDERS POACHING AT SKEGGS: If you're reading this... beware. You better hope our paths cross on a fire road, because if our paths ever cross on a single track at Skeggs, we WILL take you out!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Noticed some fresh motorcycle tracks on the south end of South Leaf last week, but they hadn't trashed the trail to any great extent, so I didn't even remember it until now. But I imagine that they could open up the throttle a bit on a wider, more open trail like the freshly mini-bulldozed Giant Salamander. And if they did that part of South Leaf 10 times it would get significantly trashed.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Fiendbear said:
Sheriff and Rangers out in force today looking for a couple of rougue dirt riders at Skeggs. I did not see or hear them, but we were warned upon entering by a ranger at CM05. I saw their tracks on Giant Salamander and didn't get pissed off until I saw how they tore up the new trail.

Passed an mtb'r a few weeks ago on Virginia Mill who also warned me of dirt riders poaching the trails that day. I did hear them, but never saw them. Probably the same guys.

MESSAGE TO MOTORCYCLE RIDERS POACHING AT SKEGGS: If you're reading this... beware. You better hope our paths cross on a fire road, because if our paths ever cross on a single track at Skeggs, we WILL take you out!
we should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.

·
Did you ever have ham?
1,650 Posts
NEPMTBA said:
Your going to take out a moto with your MTB?

I guess your tombstone will read:

Here lies Fiendbear
He must have done Meth
A Moto guy he tried to Scare
But he was Roosted to Death

Brraapppp
Great Poem! You got mad skills, yo!:madman:

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
OHV and land use is always a sore subject for those who use it, even motorcycle riders. Almost every magazine printed has some article about fighting over OHV land somewhere. I ride off-road and SuperMoto and had many dual-sports in my life. When you see trails, it's hard to resist - but the chance of a fat ticket is always a great deterent. These guys really shouldn't be riding these trails, but to think you'll be able to catch them on your MTB is a pipe dream.

There are plenty of OHV places to ride, and MTB really takes the edge off for trail jonzin' - which is why moto folks should ride MTB's. Both my brother and I ride both and the similarities are amazing.

Hill climbs on a moto have nothing to do with "being a pansy" as most hill climbs are damn near close to feeling vertical and looping out and traction are things to contend with. I don't think a hill attack at 60MPH with your suspension tossing you around is for pansies. Of course, all we ride are the black diamond and double black diamond trails. :)

As a moto guy, MTB'ing takes the the illegal trail jonzin' edge off in a big way - which is why all moto guys should have a MTB to ride - plus the cross training is awesome.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Last time a saw a motorcycle on the trails it was a police officer (Oakland - JMP)....

That is a bummer though, I can only imagine what this next storm will do to ruts this
guy on his moto left. The ruts will become ravines... That is too bad.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Desperation

With Carnegie OHV looking doomed for now, people may be getting desperate. :eekster:

Dion said:
There are plenty of OHV places to ride, and MTB really takes the edge off for trail jonzin' - which is why moto folks should ride MTB's. Both my brother and I ride both and the similarities are amazing.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
twistgripper said:
With Carnegie OHV looking doomed for now, people may be getting desperate. :eekster:
I'm in the South Bay so I just ride Hollister and Metcalf. We did a trip out to Stonyford a year ago and that was fun, but I pretty much get my fix at Hollister.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
dstepper said:
Not supporting motos but you all sound like a bunch of hikers complaining about MTBers.

I ride many areas in the South Sierras and Flagstaff that share trails with motos. Do we complain about shared trails in Downieville?

Dean
This is not a shared trail issue. We're talking about poaching and f'ing up the best single track trails in the Bay Area by a couple of dangerous douche bags. No comparison whatsoever. And judging by the San Mateo County Sheriff and MROSD response, they weren't f'ing around either...

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.