Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The holidays were good to my Motolite, she porked out in all the right areas, I like a Curvy woman :arf:

Pike 454 Air :rockon:

Conti 2.3 Verts :drumroll:

Tubeless :ciappa: say goodbye to flats

Bomber Wheelset :cornut:

My bike is now the :devil:

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Yeah... that's an awesome weight figure for the intended use of components... dang!!

I can't shave my SB off the 29 pounds without spending an arm and a leg...

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
(this is what you need)

Switch to the new hydroformed lowers-save 142 big grams with just that.
Carbon uppers and rockers not nearly as much. 72 total for both carbon parts.
I'm gonna ask some of the factory folks to find me a scratched one that was heading to the trash.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Dam, a nice build. Am liking those brakes! How are they going for ya................

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
blizzard_mk said:
Porker eh? That's still one of the lighter MotoLites around. Sweet build.
Lol... my bike keeps getting fatter and fatter, and it's waaaay heavier that those numbers. Have you actually weighted the bike? I guess you will end up with a higher number than that. The important thing is how you like the ride, not the weight.

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
weight

I weighed the individual parts on a digital gram scale during build up, and change outs. I'm thinking there's probably a +/- 100g. I'm not really fixated on the weight, trying to keep it around 26 pounds.

Honestly the bike does not feel any heavier with the new parts. The front end feels a little heavy, but transfers more energy to the trail when hammering out of the saddle. I find myself cleaning more tech sections, not deflecting as much :rockon:

I'm setting my Hope/Mavic 618 Wheelset up for mellow terrain days. 500g tires and Stans Tubeless. This way I can have a 25 pound ride for days at Kingdom Trails in Vermont, there's miles, and miles, and miles of buff singletrack.

The Current setup is more geared towards a daily beating:thumbsup:

I have one more addition coming, Garmin 305, then this puppy is complete, see no reason to change a thing, stick a fork in her, she's done.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
snowdrifter said:
I have one more addition coming, Garmin 305, then this puppy is complete, see no reason to change a thing, stick a fork in her, she's done.
Great toy! I have a 60Csx and love the Sirf reception.. you'll love the 305! :thumbsup:

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you insane ?

Bikerbob.com said:
Switch to the new hydroformed lowers-save 142 big grams with just that.
Carbon uppers and rockers not nearly as much. 72 total for both carbon parts.
I'm gonna ask some of the factory folks to find me a scratched one that was heading to the trash.
My polished rear for those ugly black ones:madman: How dare you Bob:p I'm a weight weenie, but have to draw the line somewhere... I like the beefy ones I have now.

That is some nice weight saving though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.