Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switched out the wheelset: CK/819 to Hugi240/4.1d and I swapped out 06 XTR brakes to 07 XTR brakes. I am the exception, but I did not see a big advantage running tubeless. I find running slimelite tubes with clincher tires to be more efficient. 07 XTR brakes a little bit lighter and a little more bling factor. The bike went from 27.6 to 26.77. I was thinking it would be a little over 27lbs and was surpised that it was under 27.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
nice looking rig. So, you didn't find the advantage of running tubeless? Wow! I ride in desert conditions (Southern CA) and there are lot's of sharp things to run over. Bushes, rocks, cacti.... but the main thing I like is that I can run much lower pressures than before. Tons more grip this way. To each their own, just surprised.

Great looking ride though, and light too.

Edit: Dude.. you're in AZ, and no tubeless... perhaps I should be the one checking out slimelite....

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Holy smokes........That was a big drop.......I expected only a half pound with the wheel change.........Must've been the UST tire difference.......now you really got me thinkin of biting the bullet and seeing if Chad can get me a 07 rear for me motolite.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TiEndo said:
Holy smokes........That was a big drop.......I expected only a half pound with the wheel change.........Must've been the UST tire difference.......now you really got me thinkin of biting the bullet and seeing if Chad can get me a 07 rear for me motolite.
I was surprised by the drop. I was running IRS Mibro tubeless which are pretty light. I now have a clincher Mibro on the rear and a Kenda Blue Groove on the front. I think the King rear hub is pretty heavy compared to the DT240. Light, stiff, strong - the ML is a pretty amazing bike.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
JTBAZ said:
Ti front with a carbon rear triangle - sweet combination. How long will TiEndo be able to resist . . .
I reckon he can make it till the end of the week wondering how to ask for permission. Flat out beg and justify it all weekend, and be on the blower Monday morning.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
All Mountain said:
I reckon he can make it till the end of the week wondering how to ask for permission. Flat out beg and justify it all weekend, and be on the blower Monday morning.
MWAHAHAHAHA, I think I got more willpower then that...........anyways, I think I'll do what all the other 05/06 motolite owners are doing and wait till something fails on the rear.....then buy the new rear end.........

My wish list is almost complete now, for the Motolite anyways, so I'm making a return to project spare HT next...........

I'll just wait to see Pach's Bro's new Motolite to get the green eye of envy back in me first, Wonder if I pay Titus Jeff and the boys enough money whether they can make me a one-off Exogrid rear???????

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
TiEndo said:
Wonder if I pay Titus Jeff and the boys enough money whether they can make me a one-off Exogrid rear???????
It won't be cheap... but it ain't impossible...

I can see the seatstays coming off pretty easily in Exo... The chainstays would need a slight redesign and that can get expensive.

Call Jeff... you never know if they're just waiting for someone to drop a good idea on the table.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mcgrath - I rode a 5 Spot and I sold it in May. It is a great bike but the ML is a little quicker handling then the 5 Spot. In addition, I like the ability to ride the ML in the 4" mode. The ML in the 4" mode is fantastic as well. The ML fit me a little better. Both are great bikes.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
JTBAZ said:
Switched out the wheelset: CK/819 to Hugi240/4.1d and I swapped out 06 XTR brakes to 07 XTR brakes. I am the exception, but I did not see a big advantage running tubeless. I find running slimelite tubes with clincher tires to be more efficient. 07 XTR brakes a little bit lighter and a little more bling factor. The bike went from 27.6 to 26.77. I was thinking it would be a little over 27lbs and was surpised that it was under 27.
I also agree on the tubeless thing... only time I've had two (yep, 2) flats on one simple ride was when I was running tubeless with Stans.... I'm back to tubes :p

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
snowdrifter said:
LMAO. I used that line yesterday:thumbsup: Today I was thinking I need a 180 rotor upfront, and thru-axle in the rear :ciappa:
I'm now thinking of having two complete setups for mine.

2 sets of forks attached to wheel complete with rotors and race. Unbolt stem out it pops in it goes along with an additional stem, pedals, shock, and rear wheel...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.