Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I rode a friend's Racer X and LOVED it. Absolutely loved it and was ready to buy one til I started reading about the Moto Lite. I'm not sure if I would benefit from having the extra versatility of the ML (would I use it to it's potential?), in addition to the extra weight compared to the Racer X. I do some adventure racing and biathlons and plan to get into xc racing these year. Any thoughts? Also, I live in NJ but next year am planning to move out west, if that has any bearing.....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Racer-X for racing

If you are racing seriously get the Racer-X with a light build kit.
If you race on the odd occasion only and then only for fun, and enjoy epic rides on all kinds of terrain, TEST-RIDE the Moto-Lite too and make your decision based on that.
A Racer-X 100 with a light build kit would be ideal for adventure races.
A mate of mine just completed the gruelling Cape Epic 8 day mtb stage race in South Africa on his Racer-X and it performed like a dream.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Racer X

I work for an adventure racing company and have seen a lot of races and i think you would be happier with the racer x if you do a few races a year. I haven't seen a motolite in a race yet, but have seen the racer x and that person was very happy. The moto-lite is def more versitle, but the racer x is def lighter which will help on some of the "bushwhacking" during the bike section. You might also consider the hammerhead 100x

my $.02 :cool:

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Neen said:
I live in NJ but next year am planning to move out west, if that has any bearing.....
How far west? We have a lot of sharp square edge rocks here in on the Front Range (Denver CO). You want lots of plush travel out here if you want to make the most of the terrain. Sure you can ride it fine on 4" of travel but there are lots of trails that would be a whole lot more fun with 5". Personally I'd get the moto-lite, but then again, I don't race. RX is going to be a better racer; ML is going to be a better trail bike. What are you going to be doing more of?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am planning on doing the Cape-Epic Next year on my light build Switchblade.

Ismail your friend? done a few night rides with him. ,nice bike

goatman said:
If you are racing seriously get the Racer-X with a light build kit.
If you race on the odd occasion only and then only for fun, and enjoy epic rides on all kinds of terrain, TEST-RIDE the Moto-Lite too and make your decision based on that.
A Racer-X 100 with a light build kit would be ideal for adventure races.
A mate of mine just completed the gruelling Cape Epic 8 day mtb stage race in South Africa on his Racer-X and it performed like a dream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.