Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i have a buyer for my Heckler, its time to build up the MotoLite (well once i get the frame that is). I have a 05 Fox Float i was thinking of using but I just love the stiffness that the Pike has to offer. I have CrossMax XLs that can convert from a standard QR to a 20mm so getting a new hub is not an problem. Being that Im 220-230(w gear) East Coast trail riding what fork would you recommend? Id be looking to get the 454 with the Uturn.

thanks
sean

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
lawndart said:
Now that i have a buyer for my Heckler, its time to build up the MotoLite (well once i get the frame that is). I have a 05 Fox Float i was thinking of using but I just love the stiffness that the Pike has to offer. I have CrossMax XLs that can convert from a standard QR to a 20mm so getting a new hub is not an problem. Being that Im 220-230(w gear) East Coast trail riding what fork would you recommend? Id be looking to get the 454 with the Uturn.

thanks
sean
I have a Fox Talas, and I think it's a pretty nice fork for the bike. But if I would buy have to replace my fork, I would choose the Pike. The ML takes forks up to 145, so the Pike is pretty nice for it, and cheaper than the Talas.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
lawndart said:

thanks
sean
The owner of my local bike shop has a 454 air U-turn on his Moto-lite and he loves it. I was talking to him about the subject, and he thinks the Talas "sucks". Great! :rolleyes:

He said he leaves it at 140mm travel always, and doesn't feel the need to dial it down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts