Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, the much lauded Nevegals BARELY fit the MotoLite swingarm - in fact, the dish on my rear wheel is off my 1mm and this is enough to allow the tire's knobs to rub the inside of the chainstay. Sorry if this is "old news" but I just want to help folks from wasting money.

Dan

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nevegal 2.1 clearance

There is plenty of clearance between the Kenda Nevegal 2.1 DTC and the freeride swingarm (chainstay). Now standard on 2006 Motolite. I had the polished freeride swingarm fitted at the factory on my 2005 Motolite.
Less clearance at the seatstay bridge.

·
MTB SOCAL
1,449 Posts
My 2.1 Nevegal's are okay

wddamf said:
FYI, the much lauded Nevegals BARELY fit the MotoLite swingarm - in fact, the dish on my rear wheel is off my 1mm and this is enough to allow the tire's knobs to rub the inside of the chainstay. Sorry if this is "old news" but I just want to help folks from wasting money.

Dan
I'm running 2.1 Nevegal's on my 2005 1/2 ML. The new chainstays provide plenty of room for the 2.1 rubber. You can probably run 2.3's as well. These new chainstays are on all late 2005 and 2006 ML's, I believe.

·
MTB aficionado
1,022 Posts
Those of us with a ML ver. 2.0 (early 2005)

wddamf said:

Dan
have this problem. I run the Nev DTC 2.1 and I'm getting bad wear grooves on my chainstays. I've took the hit and ordered the wider ML ver. 2.01 (late 2005 and current) chain stays :rolleyes: . I still can't believe I have to pay over $375 for one of those things!! I really don't get piss off too often, but this is just a rip off... no doubt! How can Dave Turner manufacture and sell his 5-spot lowers for $150 while titus can't... even with the overseas production.... whats up Titus???

Regards,

EndUser

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
EndUser said:
have this problem. I run the Nev DTC 2.1 and I'm getting bad wear grooves on my chainstays. I've took the hit and ordered the wider ML ver. 2.01 (late 2005 and current) chain stays :rolleyes: . I still can't believe I have to pay over $375 for one of those things!! I really don't get piss off too often, but this is just a rip off... no doubt! How can Dave Turner manufacture and sell his 5-spot lowers for $150 while titus can't... even with the overseas production.... whats up Titus???

Regards,

EndUser
Did you call Titus to complain? They've offered a deal for '05 Moto-lite owners if you turn in your old stays. They only come in polished, but it's better than paying full retail.

·
MTB aficionado
1,022 Posts
Wow... that's great!!

dulyebr said:
Did you call Titus to complain? They've offered a deal for '05 Moto-lite owners if you turn in your old stays. They only come in polished, but it's better than paying full retail.
I did not know this. I've been dealing with my LBS and they did not inform me of this trade in program. When was this annouced?? Dulyebr... you just made my day man :)

Regards,

EndUser

·
Paper or plastic?
10,027 Posts
EndUser said:
I did not know this. I've been dealing with my LBS and they did not inform me of this trade in program. When was this annouced?? Dulyebr... you just made my day man :)

Regards,

EndUser
I don't think (I could be wrong) that a formal trade-in program ever got announced, however, you can call Titus to explain nicely your "upgrade" situation and see if they'll work something out with you.

·
MTB aficionado
1,022 Posts
It's done... it's been ordered.

zorg said:
I don't think (I could be wrong) that a formal trade-in program ever got announced, however, you can call Titus to explain nicely your "upgrade" situation and see if they'll work something out with you.
Upon reading this I contacted Titus right away they confirmed it. For only a limited time, while inventories remain good, they are heavily discounting the swing arms for early 2005 ML owners ONLY. This must be done through a Titus dealer and I will have to send in, trade-in, my old swing arm as a part of the deal.

Kudos to Titus.

Regards,

EndUser

·
Paper or plastic?
10,027 Posts
EndUser said:
Upon reading this I contacted Titus right away they confirmed it. For only a limited time, while inventories remain good, they are heavily discounting the swing arms for early 2005 ML owners ONLY. This must be done through a Titus dealer and I will have to send in, trade-in, my old swing arm as a part of the deal.

Kudos to Titus.

Regards,

EndUser
It's great to see Titus doing the right thing for its customers. Now, if Chris would just 10 minutes a month to interact with his customers on this board, it'd be downright perfect! :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Titus customer service

I was lucky not to pay extra for the freeride lowers, Titus fitted them for me at the factory after my LBS (Titus dealer) contacted them before my bike shipped out of the US.
I had some minor issues with my ML but cannot fault Titus' customer service.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
zorg said:
It's great to see Titus doing the right thing for its customers. Now, if Chris would just 10 minutes a month to interact with his customers on this board, it'd be downright perfect! :)
Chris may not interact with this board all that often, but he definitely reads it. And, he's responded personally and thoughtfully to every email I've sent him -- very impressive I think.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,027 Posts
dulyebr said:
Chris may not interact with this board all that often, but he definitely reads it. And, he's responded personally and thoughtfully to every email I've sent him -- very impressive I think.
Agreed, but it'd be swell if he'd interact with the whole board once in a while rather than on an individual basis, especially since he's a smart articulate guy.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
zorg said:
Agreed, but it'd be swell if he'd interact with the whole board once in a while rather than on an individual basis, especially since he's a smart articulate guy.
Yea, I wonder the reason he doesn't ask this board's opinion more often. It probably would have saved all the hassle of the mistake of using the RX swingarm on the ML when Titus really should have gone with the Quasi swingarm initially. Hell, he could have just asked Charles at Hammerhead bikes.

I noticed Dave Turner is on the Turner forum all the time asking those guys (I refuse to call them homers) what kind of changes, they would like to see for next season.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
I mentioned it to Al a year ago...

dulyebr said:
Yea, I wonder the reason he doesn't ask this board's opinion more often. It probably would have saved all the hassle of the mistake of using the RX swingarm on the ML when Titus really should have gone with the Quasi swingarm initially. Hell, he could have just asked Charles at Hammerhead bikes.
When I broke my HH100x frame over a year ago, Al offered a ML for $725. I was this | | close to doing it until I asked about what the max size tire I could run. Al told me 2.1, I commented that I wouldn't buy a frame that couldn't fit a 2.3, and that a 5" bike really should be able to run a wider tire. I said it nicely, not like a know-it-all like it sounds here. He basically told me "that's the way it is...", at that point in time there was no wider chainstay option.

John

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Freeride lowers

My late 05 Motolite(September) had the normal stays and my tire of choice is the 2.1 nevegal and would rub on the swingarm. My frame is currently at Titus for some bearing play issues and I contacted Jeff after I read about the "trade in " program. He said the swap will cost $200. The new RX rear end would be nice but there may be fit and/or chainstay length issues there plus the cost would probably be $800

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
craigstr said:
My late 05 Motolite(September) had the normal stays and my tire of choice is the 2.1 nevegal and would rub on the swingarm. My frame is currently at Titus for some bearing play issues and I contacted Jeff after I read about the "trade in " program. He said the swap will cost $200. The new RX rear end would be nice but there may be fit and/or chainstay length issues there plus the cost would probably be $800
the RX chain stay should fit. why not ask. its not going to be $800 for a chain stay.

IMHO the 2.1 nevegal looks puny on my ML. but I can't run a real big tire becuase I'm limited at the bridge. so, it seams that the new 06 RX stay would be the perfect chain stay.

but i wonder if titus will have a motolite carbon next year? they got to keep up with the 575 carbon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts