Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer ill be going downhilling for the first time. I have a motocross full face helmet, do you guys think that will be alright to use or do i need a full face bike helmet? Or should i just use my regular bike helmet??

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
The old argument is that the MX helmets may not protect you as well in low speed crashes. And of course, ventilation is pretty poor sometimes. And I guess weight comes into play too.
really...I always thought MX helmets give more protection

·
Registered
743 Posts
motorcross helmets are usually going to be heavier but thats besides they have higher crash standards then a full face bicycle helmet like a giro mad max or a troy lee d2. Not all motocross helmets are going to have poor ventilation, like many people say, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Until someone starts selling replacement brains I am going to stick with moto helmets.

I started using a moto helmet this past year and didn't notice any big difference. The difference that you will feel go away after a day of using it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.