Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pick up some winter riding pants, and since tights just won't cut it for me, I'm looking for some motocross pants. I've done some searching around and came up with a couple options, but I'm not getting the feedback I want. Most motocross riders wear boots, so the length of the pants isn't too important. But every place I've e-mailed has told me that no motocross pants would fit me to my ankles (36" inseam).

Has anyone found some motocross style canvas pants that will fit ok on a tall clyde? Even if they don't fit all the way down, at my height, I'd be happy if they came half-way down my calf.....

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I wouldn't want to wear my moto pants on a bicycle ride because the materials are heavy, abrasive, and not very breathable. But if you want moto pants, look for the "over-the-boot" style pants, sometimes called "enduro" or "freestyle" or "freeride." I've got a 32" inseam and the pants are definitely longer than that.

Another option is to get some tights and just wear some baggy shorts over them - works great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
watermoccasin said:
I wouldn't want to wear my moto pants on a bicycle ride because the materials are heavy, abrasive, and not very breathable. But if you want moto pants, look for the "over-the-boot" style pants, sometimes called "enduro" or "freestyle" or "freeride." I've got a 32" inseam and the pants are definitely longer than that.

Another option is to get some tights and just wear some baggy shorts over them - works great.
Over-the-boot pants will get caught up in the chainrings.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jason2112 said:
I need to pick up some winter riding pants, and since tights just won't cut it for me, I'm looking for some motocross pants. I've done some searching around and came up with a couple options, but I'm not getting the feedback I want. Most motocross riders wear boots, so the length of the pants isn't too important. But every place I've e-mailed has told me that no motocross pants would fit me to my ankles (36" inseam).

Has anyone found some motocross style canvas pants that will fit ok on a tall clyde? Even if they don't fit all the way down, at my height, I'd be happy if they came half-way down my calf.....
Look into BMX pants

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.